Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supra gone- Cobra here!
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this months issue of Hot Rod magazine they have the red 67 Camaro conversion car , I have seen on here featured in the magazine.

Its a pretty funny article, the V8 guys are none to happy to see that motor in their muscle car wet dream Camaro

Their is some trash talk in the article, the comment was made that the car sounds like a cross between V10 and a weedeater.

Its an entertaining article to say the least if anyone is interested let me know and I will take it to work and scan it and email to myself and then try to post it up here

PS, Why I am reading Hot Rod, because the two best Import Magazines are done and I much rather check out a Viper, Mustang or even a Camaro then a Civic, Integra or Evo

Cheers

Bish

·
Registered
248 Posts
I picked it up last night, good read. 37 psi on stock block though? awesome article in the back about the hellion turbo kit for the gt500's too.

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Not objecting it, but I wonder what motivated the owner to do this? Even though an LS7 motor might be an incredible lightweight powerplant, I still wouldn't' put it in a Supra because it is a Supra.

What do you guys figure would create more outrage? This? Or swapping a built 7M into a Mk4? :D

·
Supra gone- Cobra here!
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In terms of the swap I wouldn't do it, it just does not sound or look right in a old Muscle Car. In a 300zx or 240sx yes old muscle car no.

Agreed that the Turbo article on the Mustang was the best article in their, unfortunatly the Domestic Guys are catching on, but if its going to be any domestic the Cobra Mustangs are good candidates.

I would say a built 7m in Mark 4 chassis would be fine, I would not say anything else or the Mark 3 guys may think I was a Mark 4 snob, plus they out number me in these parts

Cheers

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
That is a really odd swap... Post that article up, I'd like to see it

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
car looks great and sounds awesome not saying i would do that but its very nicely done. I also love RX-7 Ls1 combo in this months modified mag.

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Great engine, wierd combo. Reminds me of that SR20 swap in the Fastback mustang in Tokyo Drift :ghey: :kekegay:
Wasn't it a RB26 with a single?

·
You know I'm retarded...
2,907 Posts
Great engine, wierd combo. Reminds me of that SR20 swap in the Fastback mustang in Tokyo Drift :ghey: :kekegay:
+2

Also, there people out there did LS1 or LS7 on the 93-95 RX7 FD3S. I guess people have nothing better things to do. Geeee, everything in the mix. If that's the case, I want to see 2JZ single turbo on Ferrari, Lambos, Panoz, but the best thing to see is puting in old school 2000GT model. I know my english is bad but fuck it!! :p```

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
yeah I saw it last night... it was ok.... He just wanted to be different... the interior was nice tho... I liked the dash work... I have a 67 F body too but I am staying V8 in it.

·
DJ/Producer
1,309 Posts
the car is sick but i know most of us arent used to hearing that turbo spool then the blow off valve in a camaro

1 - 20 of 28 Posts