Supra Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Just like the other guys said, leave it alone and send it. What would you be looking for during a crank inspection anyway?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just like the other guys said, leave it alone and send it. What would you be looking for during a crank inspection anyway?
I went ahead and just to make sure it's proper torque broke the bolt loose and backed it out I only needed my one arm and my torque wrench to brake the bolt loose and my arm definitely doesn't produce 700 foot pounds so I think Im good I just pulled it really hard and it broke loose so I'm just gonna torque it to spec and call it a day it's NA so it's not anything major

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, I would recommend you to at least use brand new bolt... There is something wrong with the thread I would say...
im gonna go ahead and inspect the bolt if it looks good i might keep it but i do agree the safest bet is to use a different one glad i got this learning experience now lol

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
I would stick with the same bolt if all you did was loosen 1/2 turn and re-torque. You're not going to be able to tell anything by inspecting the bolt, I got a few old ones that look perfectly fine.

Al

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah, and if you do take it out, apply a little bit of red loctite to it to ensure it doesn't back out.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would stick with the same bolt if all you did was loosen 1/2 turn and re-torque. You're not going to be able to tell anything by inspecting the bolt, I got a few old ones that look perfectly fine.

Al
Im with Al on this one. OP you should be fine.
No loctite needed. Never had crankbolt backing out (torqued to TRSM spec).

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,521 Posts
No loctite, torque to 240lbs, send it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts