Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 2jz fms work well on a 1jz??(newb on 1jz's and 2jz's..sry :( )

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh..heh..sorry..yes a fuel management system..what's the difference between a 2jz fms and a 1jz fms??(fuel management system)

F

·
0 Posts
They both utilize side-feed injectors and rails, but just about everything else is different. The injector spacing is different (so the rails are different), the fuel pump is different, the injectors are different sizes, the 1jz uses MAP where USDM 2jz's use MAF (JDM 2jz's use MAP) for airflow measurement, etc. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Parts compatability maybe?

The 2jz 550cc injectors will fit in the 1j rail, I believe. But you may have to run a resistor from the 7m b/c they are different impedance than the 1jz injectors.

B

·
0 Posts
those are fuel components, not the management. im pretty sure if you use the complete harness with all the sensors the 2jz ECU will run the 1jz motor, if thats what you're asking.

F

·
0 Posts
My apologies on the misinterpretation of the question. Exactly what info are you looking for, DJ?

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
FMS systems should work fine with two considerations... wiring into the ECU is going to be different as the 1J and 2J ECU's are wired very differently.

Also you won't be able to use any base fuel maps designed for the 2J without some modification. They were designed for the wrong displacement and injector size so you're going to have to come up with a fuel map yourself. (or have a good tuner do it for ya)

B

·
0 Posts
youd use the 2jz's injectors, and it would probably be fine... remember what pressure sensors are for, kids

B

·
0 Posts
and for future reference, on these forums FMS is a commonly used abbreviation reserved for "front main seal", the front oil seal on the crank shaft

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My apologies on the misinterpretation of the question. Exactly what info are you looking for, DJ?
no prob. well.im planning on going with a 1jz swap this summer and i was wondering if i could be able to install some 2jz fuel components and upgrade the injectors, fuel rail, and well just everything having to do with fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts