Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are you guys doing to control the fuel pump?
(im using a walboro)

are you using the 2jzgte Fuel ECU or the 7M Fuel Pump Relay / Resistor?

-ian

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
...we're about to drop a Walboro in mine too. As far as I know, it's just a straight 12v. No FP ECU or relays.... do a search for the 12v mod. I may be wrong tho... we're not installing 'til maybe on Monday, so I have some time to figure it out too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
there was not enough voltage comming out from the 2jz fp signal circuit to fire up the mkiii resistor & relay, so i made a new circuit by putting direct 12v ignition signal towards a new 12v relay & fuse30amp using 12guage wire..........(dual walbro).....its been almost 1 year since swap completion and no problems......
randy

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
...oooops... Yeah, you still want a relay in there. I meant that you can do away with the 7M relay/resistor thingy (save for future injector upgrade?).

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
run the 12V mod for the MKIII and then run 12V to the fuel pump at all times. It's safer b/c the fuel ecu will some times not calculate enough fuel according to throttle response.

Bryan

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
BigTSetter said:
run the 12V mod for the MKIII and then run 12V to the fuel pump at all times. It's safer b/c the fuel ecu will some times not calculate enough fuel according to throttle response.

Bryan
Can you post a link or let me know how to do this? Search feature hardly ever works for me.
Thanks,
Jake

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
Ian needs to be unbanned. this shit is gay as hell.

Zazzn, you need to chat with your fellow mods and admins or something if you can.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1fastsupra said:
there was not enough voltage comming out from the 2jz fp signal circuit to fire up the mkiii resistor & relay, so i made a new circuit by putting direct 12v ignition signal towards a new 12v relay & fuse30amp using 12guage wire..........(dual walbro).....its been almost 1 year since swap completion and no problems......
randy
Hey randy i think im going to go with this setup, have any more details on the relay setup?

thanks!

ian

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...figured out how to get my setup going....

took out the open circuit relay, gave the Blue Black wire a 12v feed from the ECU and did the 12V mod to the other end of the connector...

car started on first crank last night!

will have some pics and details later this week.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Got your email!!!

CONGRATS DUDE!!!! :bigthumb:

Man I know how exciting that is!!!! I have not been able to get a dang thing done with mine recently and won't be able to, 'til the weekend after next!!!! Arrrrrgggghhhh!

I won't be at the shop at all for the next 2 weeks. I'll see if Christian might be able to find that hydro-fan ECU for ya.

Man I bet that sounded sweet as hell.... Did ya get a video?

E

1 - 14 of 14 Posts