Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea yesterday, not sure if it would work though. Is it possible to use the 2jzge harness with the 1jz engine. But where it comes down to the ecu, cut off the old plugs and match up the pinouts (what wire controls what) of the 2jz and the 1jz, then use the jdm ecu.

Basically using the 2jz harness and the 1jz ecu. Yay or nay

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
no.. ge uses a distributor to time the engine and has 1 coil were has the gte has 1 crank sensor 2 cam sensors and 6 coils..

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yup it does.. its down behind the alternator..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm.... what does the crank sensor actually do? And what would happen if its not connected or if the wires are touching eachother

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
hmmm.... what does the crank sensor actually do? And what would happen if its not connected or if the wires are touching eachother
U havent done that yet?????... it suppose to override ur fuel cut. its the easiest way to up ur boost.. :1poke: yeah i know i am dick..

its suppose to send a signal to ur ecu of when u crank is turning over (telling ur comp if ur cars running).. if there is no signal. no vroom vroom... sorry everyone jus a lil agaitated.. :nuts:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
U havent done that yet?????... it suppose to override ur fuel cut. its the easiest way to up ur boost.. :1poke: yeah i know i am dick..

its suppose to send a signal to ur ecu of when u crank is turning over (telling ur comp if ur cars running).. if there is no signal. no vroom vroom... sorry everyone jus a lil agaitated.. :nuts:
Hmmm interesting... well my car does crank but no vroom vroom, no gas going in, blows fuel injection fuse every time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts