Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, hope you all are doing well

I have recently bought a Lexus IS 200 as well as a 2JZ-ge from an IS 300, I'm wondering what mods could be done, i was thinking of attempting to turbo it but I was informed that it would be easier to buy a GTE, btw I have a total budget of £5k and I've got £2910 left, probs gonna need a bigger budget

Thank you very much

·
JetFire
5,417 Posts
With the increased prices of GTE's, the NA-T will be the best option. You will have to assess your power goals and budget.

·
From the land down under
4,568 Posts
Hey everyone, hope you all are doing well

I have recently bought a Lexus IS 200 as well as a 2JZ-ge from an IS 300, I'm wondering what mods could be done, i was thinking of attempting to turbo it but I was informed that it would be easier to buy a GTE, btw I have a total budget of £5k and I've got £2910 left, probs gonna need a bigger budget

Thank you very much
Welcome :)

I imagine it will be, but just for clarity, is the 2JZ-GE a vvti engine? If so, you will need to upgrade the rods and pistons at the very least if you plan to NA-T it, as they are known weak points for that motor. The good news is that chassis comes with a GE from the factory, so the transplant wont be too challenging provided you have the workshop space and know how to do the job.

Given your budget, I think you will need to save for a bit longer, as things add up quickly when doing projects like this.

What are your goals, in regard to power, and what is your intended typical use for the car? This will help us to give you more accurate advice on the best direction for your build :)

·
Blue Thunder
3,653 Posts
As Blakbird said...NA-T your 2JZ-GE. If youu only want about 400whp...use the rods and pistons you have, keep it below 7psi and upgrade the auto trans with shift kit. I got 401whp and 429wtq for 3 years at 7psi on my IS3 NA-T with old 61 trim before the turbo died.

IF you want MORE whp, bottom end is gonna need attention.
B

Reactions: Mr.Gill
1 - 5 of 5 Posts