Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this but what the heck :D.
so the problem with my 2j is that 1 of the cylinders is not firing.
to be more specific the 1st injector from the grill.

What i have done,
check the spark (working)
checked map sensor (working)
check the injectors (working)
i didn't check the crank sensor but i think its OK and working
check the distributor wires and spark plug connectors (working)

now what i did was i took out the injectors and checked them if they worked i found out one of them didn't so i replaced all of them to be safe but after fitting them 3 of the injectors weren't working so i replaced the 3 that weren't working with the 3 i took out earlier that worked, but then the 1st injector didn't work AGAIN so i then opened everything again and replaced it with another injector that worked and i also changed the position of the injector to 2nd cylinder and installed the new injector in place of 1st cylinder to check if the wiring was correct and i didn't have any issue with the spark plug to my surprise the 1st cylinder was working (it was the one with the issue) and the 2nd cylinder didn't work (the one in which i installed the new injector) okay now i am stuck i don't know what to do.

I consulted with a local mechanic and he said that the injector your installing in the engine is from a 4A or a 5A toyota engine idk.
Also the mechanic said that the 5 injectors that are installed and are working have the number 02 written on them and the injectors i am installing have the number 07 and 10 written on them.
He said install the same number injector and it'll work.

·
From the land down under
4,325 Posts
Im not sure exactly what injectors you have bought to replace yours, but some photos would help us to try and identify them for you.

Buying new ones seems like a long shot, and an expensive way to diagnose the issue, but given you have already spent the money, I guess there is no going back.

The factory injectors are high impedence top feed 330cc denso injectors, so you would need to match that at the very least,

Have you tried to get your original 6 ultrasonically cleaned to confirm that they arent sticking shut? Did you have your car parked up for a long time before this happened?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure exactly what injectors you have bought to replace yours, but some photos would help us to try and identify them for you.

Buying new ones seems like a long shot, and an expensive way to diagnose the issue, but given you have already spent the money, I guess there is no going back.

The factory injectors are high impedence top feed 330cc denso injectors, so you would need to match that at the very least,

Have you tried to get your original 6 ultrasonically cleaned to confirm that they arent sticking shut? Did you have your car parked up for a long time before this happened?
I bought these injectors from a local dealer here.

The injectors in the ride right now have the number 02 written in them and the injectors I was installing had 10 and 07 written on them.

Now I went to the dealer again and he gave me these 2 injectors and said these came of a 2jz.
I'll install them tommorow and see what's happens.

These new ones have the number 12 written on them.

The ride wasnt driven for over 2years so probably stuck but only 1 of the injectors wasnt working and I replaced the that one with other injectors but still didn't work.

Gonna try these new ones tommorow and see what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
check your injector clips, its common for the wires to go bad crack after a while.
Also at this point you may want to grab a set of injectors and have them tested/cleaned. sounds like a few may be bad.

Reactions: Speedmaster91

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay i
check your injector clips, its common for the wires to go bad crack after a while.
Also at this point you may want to grab a set of injectors and have them tested/cleaned. sounds like a few may be bad.
okay i will do that.

·
From the land down under
4,325 Posts
The certainly look like the OEM 330cc injectors.

Have you managed to find a loose pin, or broken wire in one of the injector clips yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The certainly look like the OEM 330cc injectors.

Have you managed to find a loose pin, or broken wire in one of the injector clips yet?
I've been busy for a couple of days.
I'll try to change the injectors today also I checked the pulse and wires I think the pulse is weak that's why only 5 injectors are working.
I will confirm by changing the injectors.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If the problem followed the injector it sounds like that injector is bad. try and find a whole set if possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts