Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is that for a thread title!

This thread will be documenting my USDM 6-speed 2JZ swap into my black/black 93 burnout widebody RX7.

I picked up the motor this past weekend (10/3/2009) and will be picking up the car in NC on 10/17/2009.

Here is the chassis currently... it is a burnout widebody kit molded in. The guy who did the work did work for a body shop and the work looks to be top notch.

As you can see, the car was put on a rotisserie and the whole underbody cleaned and sprayed.

2JZ-GTE and Getrag needs heavy cleaning... It's USDM with about 70k miles on it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
be very clean dude...like the look of the rx7...what you pay for it if you dont mind saying

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am also not a fan of widebodies in general. i am more of a purist (stock body, drop, and nice wheels) but if i ever built any widebody car, it would be a burnout kit FD. So, in comes this roller i found....

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
thats gonna look great.

how much does usdm 70k 2jz+6spd run nowadays???

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ah man that is going to be one badass rx-7... I can't wait to see this build.. How much do those fd's weigh? It looks like it would be lighter than the mk4 or mk3 supra but idk..

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah man that is going to be one badass rx-7... I can't wait to see this build.. How much do those fd's weigh? It looks like it would be lighter than the mk4 or mk3 supra but idk..
2800 lbs... about 800 less than a supra. that's why i like these cars, they dont have the GT-car weight like the Z32/supra/etc

very nice project you got going on there. if you dont mind me asking how much was that kit? i have a fd ive been looking for a clean wide kit for. cant wait to see teh final product.
i am not sure... i actually am buying the roller as you see it. I was told this kit is about $3500-4000. I only wish the fenders were wider... i think they are only 20mm wider than stock, not much of a gain for the work.

·
2j GT4294 stickersadd20hp
1,594 Posts
Great I will enjoy seeing this build. From seeing your previous vehicels this will be delightfull.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Hell yeah. Definitely a build done-right from the beginning... can't wait for more!

·
Go Fast and Have a Blast
396 Posts
quick question. is the v160 going to fit in the tunnel the same as the stock tranny? meening are you gonna have to cut out a hole for the shifter or will it fit in stock place. i have always wonderd about putting a v160 in a fd

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the V160 is supposed to fit flawlessly with the tech2 subframe kit.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Subscribed looks like it will be a fun build...........

·
Go Fast and Have a Blast
396 Posts
the V160 is supposed to fit flawlessly with the tech2 subframe kit.

omfg. That amazes me. So you are gonna have the pure raw power from the 2jz + the tranny to take the beating + the overall smaller and lighter sized car.
The 2jz + the fd will give you a great power/weight ratio. Subscribes~

·
Registered
192 Posts
Definitely in to keep track of the progress of this build.

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
omfg. That amazes me. So you are gonna have the pure raw power from the 2jz + the tranny to take the beating + the overall smaller and lighter sized car.
The 2jz + the fd will give you a great power/weight ratio. Subscribes~
Exactly.... all the power and none of the extra weight.

You are crazy! all your projects are Way out of control!!! can't wait to see the progress.
Thanks, i guess... I'm just an addict. I may be contacting you for some parts soon... :cool:

1 - 20 of 236 Posts