Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for dimensions for the 2JZ-GTE
the complete motor as well as just the block itself..
from oilpan to intake manifold, from intake manifold to exhaust manifold, and from ballencer to flywheel
if someone could post them, or point me in the right direction
it would be most apreciated
thanks
~J

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Looking to drop it into a Starion? That would be WAY sweet and damed fast I think! I've not got the dimensions but know some folks who have them sitting in crates who might be able to give some measurements. Also, on my WEB site there's a scanned article for dropping a 1JZ into a 240Z that might be helpful. Be aware that the 6spd is fairly long which could prove a problem. If this is indeed what you're up to lemme' know as this sounds like a pretty cool swap to me! Starion ought to be cheap these days - how sturdy is the rear in those cars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually i'd be dropping it into a 1986 Dodge Conquest.. basically a starion :)
heres a picture if my sig doesn't show up

i wouldn't be using the 6 speed, i'd move to another tranny..
i'm looking for between 600-800 fwhp, the rear ends in these cars (at least from the limited research i'v done so far) are able to hold around 350-400 fwhp..
this Conquest was bought for a song and a dance.. :)
it's a manual car, so the tranny tunnel is a bit smaller than an auto.. but i can work around that, and make changes if required..
~J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i couldn't locate the dimensions of a 2JZ-GTE on mkiv.com..
as far as the width w/ turbo's and the length w/o a direct clutch drive fan... could anyone help me out?
~J

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I will see if I can remmeber to do this for you tomorrow although I won't have stock twins on the car. I just spent HOURS swapping out a water pump and am a bit beat right now else I'd wander out there. If I can find my danged tape measure I ought to at least be able to get you length of the damned thing. Grr! Water pump swap SUX! Stupid parts counter guys suck too, Curt is having to send me the parts this other guy screwed up - I have a leaking seal as a result.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, i apreciate it, even better, i wasn't planning on using stock turbo's :D
i know how you feel, try working in a body shop every day...
agree'd parts counter guys suck...
good luck
~J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts