Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, at start I would like to say that I am a beginner in sports car topic. I got Supra mk4 with 2jz-gte twin turbo after crash. Car in in garage 20 years since my granpa left it there. Now when I knew about it I am wondering to do something about it.

I do not know what you can see broken because I dont know names of parts.
I am open for any sugestions and thankful for answers.

:)

·
Banned
451 Posts
we would need to see some better picture in order to help you out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi, at start I would like to say that I am a beginner in sports car topic. I got Supra mk4 with 2jz-gte twin turbo after crash. Car in in garage 20 years since my granpa left it there. Now when I knew about it I am wondering to do something about it.

I do not know what you can see broken because I dont know names of parts.
I am open for any sugestions and thankful for answers.

:)
I'm no expert, but after looking at my engine, I don't have a tire there. And my upper coolant hose is connected to something on both ends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sorry, I have had some network problems.
I uploaded pictures to Imgur, hope now it is working :D

If not working I gonna sing in for a uploading pictures course :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Oh wow! I recommend this engine gets pulled, and replace every coolant and vaccum hose, water pump, timing belt, plugs, etc., etc. the more new, the more reliable it'll be. Pics of the rest of the car?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Probably cheaper to buy a different motor then to try to fix that.
Plus with it sitting for so long not just every line and hose will need to be replaced but there's a near 100 change of it just leaking oil everywhere should it get running. Probably needs a whole gasket kit. I also wonder what happens to the rubber of the timing belt after sitting for long probably also need that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the car is around 60km from my house and I did not focus on the rest of the car. Supra got hit from front and as you can see engine got too :/
Thing that motivates me is that it's almost new engine - only 1 year working, i checked and oil is still inside.
About engine shoe I don't know.
What may be maximum costs of fixing it and how hard is to get parts for it?

BTW, will gearbox from mk4 fit mk3 7M-GTE?
Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That engine is probably toast. I will buy the head off you if you want to sell it.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
Thing that motivates me is that it's almost new engine - only 1 year working
Doesn't look that way to me. Rusted fasteners, broken everything, aluminum corrosion. Looks like it's been sitting at the bottom of the ocean for 2 years. And it clearly took a good impact to the engine itself.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Doesn't look that way to me. Rusted fasteners, broken everything, aluminum corrosion. Looks like it's been sitting at the bottom of the ocean for 2 years. And it clearly took a good impact to the engine itself.
This sadly.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Coolant sitting in them for that period does them no favors. I suspect the rings are seized in the bores as well. Could you get it running, sure. Would it run as well as it should, likely no without an extensive refresh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you guys. Well, for now it doesn't look so colorful :/ I hope I will find time in summer, then I let you know more details :D

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Take a borescope to the cylinders. If they are clean, you have a chance. If they are not, it will need an overhaul. Also you may have severe pitting in the aluminum from the coolant sitting. If this is the case you will probably need a new head plus radiator and all associated cooling lines. Not to mention the damaged parts on the engine which pretty much makes an engine swap cheaper. Sorry to knock you down but I would wager that engine needs completely rebuilt. If the rest of the car is decent you can rebuild it. It will be quite the task though.

·
Registered
738 Posts
engine will need a full rebuilt and lots of parts.timing belt is cut and everything else seem junk.it will be cheaper to buy a used jdm engine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts