Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have already purchased the 2jz-gte with R154 tranny and ecu/wiring harness. i have found a shop (tech2 motorsports) to help me do my swap due to them making a swap kit (custom motor mounts/tranny mounts, custom driveshaft and plug in play with the wiring harness). i know i need to purchase a fmic and radiator, custom exhaust. but is the EGR plate worth getting and how can i get away with not putting a mass air flow on. my last question is there anything i need to know or replace. thanks

· Actual Member Since 2003
4,520 Posts
^^^ probably a lot cheap to do the R154 for his power goals. Not everyone is looking for $700+ HP.

· Registered
2,509 Posts
Subscribed........sounds like a fun project the bimmer crowd may not take it nicely ha ha.

· Registered
86 Posts
subscribed for sure...this should be interesting...theres a guy here in p'cola with a hpf m3...somewhere around a 1000hp...cant wait to see the outcome

· Registered
215 Posts

· Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
860 Posts
is the EGR plate worth getting and how can i get away with not putting a mass air flow on. my last question is there anything i need to know or replace. thanks

Need more info man.....is this an 2jz USDM or JDM? If it's a JDM, you dont have to worry about EGR or Maf since they dont use it.....If it doesn't already have it, you probably want to replace the hydro fan pump setup with a regular water pump setup and replace the timing belt, front & rear main seals, and maybe even the cam seals.....

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i was going to go with the V160 but when i spoke to a guy in canada he said not worth it unless i am going over 700-800whp so that is pretty much why also its about 2 to 3 grand in my pocket for mods. the motor is compression tested at about 25,000 miles (JDM MOTOR) and the tranny has about 30,000 km so i did do searching since i am in no real hurry. and as far as pics i will put some up within the next week or so.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i actually work for BMW in orange ca and ran into 2 people with E46 M3 HPF stage 3 told me he had about $30,000 into the car, not really what i want to spend. but it was one of the fastest cars ive been in. after searching on what i want to do to my 2jz these are the parts i will be purchasing throughout the year

-RPS ALUM. FLYWHEEL (ALREADY HAVE)
-RPS MAX/SERIES SPRUNG HUB 6 PUCK (ALREADY HAVE)
-KOYO RADIATOR (ALREADY HAVE)
-HKS CAM GEARS/BELT
-GREDDY BCC
-GREDDY TURBO TIMER
GREDDY PROFEC B-SPEC BOOST CONT.
-TANABE DOWNPIPE
-CUSTOM INTERCOOLER KIT (ALREADY HAVE)
-HKS OR GREDDY BOV (NOT SURE LIKE BOTH NAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME UR OPINION)
-K&N COLD AIR BOX KIT OR APEXI INTAKE (NOT SURE EITHER HEARD APEXI IS BEST WITH HP AND FILTERING BUT ALSO NEEDS A CUSTOM PIECE, LET ME KNOW)

DONT HAVE ALL YET BUT ALL IN TIME

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.