Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the blocks similar enough that the GTE head could just bolt right on with little to no fab work?
I know that the connecting rods are the same in both engines, but I know that they both don't have the same internals, could the GTE internals fit inside the GE block with no problem? I know that boosting the stock internals in the GE are possible, and to my knowledge, you cant run a ton of boost on the OEM internals. So that's what's making me want to swap in the GTE internals.

·
Registered
98 Posts

This thread should address any questions you have.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you are talking about a non vvti ge block, the internals can handle almost as much boost as you would throw at the gte internals, they have the same rods and only slight differences in the piston, both can handle lots of power OEM (compression ratio is the main difference in how much power is safe here).
If you are talking about a vvti ge block, then they have the skinny rods and weaker pistons, and you can replace them with gte parts, or non vvti ge parts.

All the 2jz vvti and non vvti blocks are all mostly the same OEM, same size bores, same size pistons.. some of the oil port sizes changed over the years for vvti oil feed etc.. but basically the same basic block.

You can also more or less bolt any JZ head onto any JZ block, but you have to make sure your valve clearances are good if you do an odd combination which can usually be solved by using the gte headgasket. if you are trying to do a 1.5jz you also have to get the right length coolant bypass tube for the water pump that goes from head to block on GTEs, on GE's that doesn't come into play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts