Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 2JZ -GTE OEM Air Intake temp sensor along with the ECU master classic's internal MAP sensor be sufficient for tuning? I am trying to determine if thr OEM sensor will work or if I need to install an aftermarket air intake temp sensor. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It will work, BUT your air density calculations will be using temperature data from the MAF housing (pre-turbo) and not the actual intake air temperature before the throttle body/post intercooler...

So, while it will work, you will almost always have a stagnant air temp variable being used in fuel calculations. I almost always saw 90-110F under hood temps when I used the air temp sensor in the MAF (pre-turbo) before mounting it after the intercooler... On a cool night, my IATs are like a degree above ambient.

It may only account for a few percentage points in total fuel, but I would eventually put it in the correct place between the throttle body and intercooler....

The worst thing that could happen is your MAF housing in the engine compartment is reading 100F after getting heatsoaked. You take the car out on a 50F night and hammer on it with true IATs being 50-60F and you go lean.

If you just want to get the car up and running/driving, I would say it's okay to use the MAF temp sensor.

TL;DR Yes, but no.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts