Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I have been thinking about get a first generation Lexus SC300 and swap it with a supra engine. Which would you put in. N/A or TT version. I want to have at least 550-600 rwhp. If i get TT than i would need to spend more money on upgrades. What about getting a N/A version and rebuild and get a upgrade TT for it? What do u think? Your help would be enlightening. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Turbo kit is pretty easy and less expensive than a full swap.
At 550-600 rwhp, the stock 5spd isn't gonna be happy, though.
I imagine that a 6spd tranny plus the entire GTE with electronics is gonna cost a small fortune.

If you're going for 600rwhp, you'll need a good sized turbo kit with something like a T66, or SP63 ($7k), fuel system ($2k), Good intercooler ($2k), electronics ($2k), Supra TT automatic diff ($1k), used 6spd ($2k), clutch ($1k).

My setup is much more modest at 423rwhp on pump gas or around 500 on 116 octane, but so far, everything is bolt on, and still has stock compression.

Several companies offer turbo kits for the SC300:
Toyomoto, in FL
Sound Performance, in IL
Performance Factory, in Ny
Powerhouse Racing, in TX

Details on the car:
www.datapathusa.com/scott/scott.html

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
I have access to a 92 5spd pearl white SC300 and a JDM supra Front clip for sale. its a 6spd with low miles and he already has the HKS FMIC and pipe kit too. My good friend was going to to the project, but after getting married, he doesnt have that much time anymore. Let me know if you are interested email me at [email protected] or post a PM to me.

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am going to sell mine, it's a 92 5spd with grey interior and a 2JZGTE all done with 101,000 miles on the chassi and 43,000 on the engine if you are interested. I believe you know Madhav. I bought some calipers from you a while back through Madhav. The inline-6 family is awesome but I give the UZFE family equel respect too.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Lextreme said:
Hey Gang,

I have been thinking about get a first generation Lexus SC300 and swap it with a supra engine. Which would you put in. N/A or TT version. I want to have at least 550-600 rwhp. If i get TT than i would need to spend more money on upgrades. What about getting a N/A version and rebuild and get a upgrade TT for it? What do u think? Your help would be enlightening. Thanks
How dare you!

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Lextreme said:
Hey Gang,

Whats up, your like the toyota turbo V8 guru and you wanna do a I6 now.
What gives.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
aliga said:
not you, check the post date on this thread.
Holly crap. LOL

·
1,020 Posts
SC300 Twin Turbo BPU++ said:
I am going to sell mine, it's a 92 5spd with grey interior and a 2JZGTE all done with 101,000 miles on the chassi and 43,000 on the engine if you are interested. I believe you know Madhav. I bought some calipers from you a while back through Madhav. The inline-6 family is awesome but I give the UZFE family equel respect too.

Wow your an idiot. :wtcslap:

:urowned:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts