Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GS300 2JZ-GTE (Sold R154) V160 Air Ride Track Build

Hello Supra Forum,

I purchased my GS back in Feb 2014, and I immediately started searching for local members that had either done the same swap or could direct me to someone. I was fortunate to find local members that did just that so I got their help. I have received help from this forum and wanted to share here what I have been working on. Now I am further along now on my build of course but will start from the humble beginnings of this car.

This is my GS

I also got a handbrake from a sc300, it slipped right in. Nice mock up

R154 purchased from AZTurbo

Wheel adapters to fit style 95 bmw wheels

Before and after pictures of the wheels. Before they were refinished they were looking pretty crappy

Muteki neo chrome lug nuts

And I got this today

plus some more parts. I still have a long way to go, maybe 20 more parts befor things can start.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks, I hope it can be moved to the right place.

I got to remove the auto tran today, I still need a engine stand to be able to work easier on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the flywheel off today and cleaned up a bit from last nights mess that I made.

Just moved the engine off the pallet, needed to make some room and clean up a bit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine stand arrives today, but man what a pain to get those twins out.

I got my engine stand

Still in the box, the wife was nice to tell fedex to drop it in the garage and take a pic.

Taking all of those hoses, exhaust parts were an issue. I was getting tired taking it all apart seperately, so I just took everything that was attached to the block and unbolted the manifold. Much easier!! Without an engine stand it was much harder, but worth getting them removed. I was done at 2:30am and went to sleep.

Putting engine stand together, had some help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a call that my BMW style 95 wheels are done, they will be shipped out today. I received some teaser pics.

Small update, getting some tires mounted today. Going with 325/30/19 Cooper Tires Zeon RS3-S

Tires have been mounted. BMW style 95 widen to 19x13 wheels on 325/30/19 tires.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small update CL folks. I decided to do some measuring and mount the rear wheels to see how much I needed for the adapters/spacers. I used some washers to get a good idea on how far out the wheels needed to be. So after careful planning I was able to get a system together to mount and measure, this is what I ended up with.

When I used 3 of these washers, 3 per lug nut, I ended up with the tires touching the coilsprings.

So I used 5 washers per lug, with that I ended up with a clearance that I found acceptable.

Due to the below zero weather we had previously had the tire had lost air, so I had to fill it up. Comparison of 325/30/19 tires on the 19x13 wheels, and the 235/35/19 stretched on 19x10 wheels.

Now I just need to order a pair of 34mm spacer/adapters from Motorsport Tech to be able to mount these monsters.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started on some work that I have been putting off for quite some time, I finally decided to start.

All for now I need to remove the crank pulley to continue. My kids where going crazy to go outside so it was time to cover things up and continue another day. Now for the wheels I am still messing around with things and deciding on which direction I am going to do with them fenders. I have contemplated SerialNine fenders, BlackMagician fenders but modify them to my liking or 949garage fenders. I will know soon enough. That's all for this update folks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the valve covers off.

Needing some replacements still.

Just got some things in the mail, teaser...

I was testing fitment since I was bored, still work needing more measuring. I still need air suspension. I think I am going with SerialNine rear fenders, front fenders, and CSL trunk.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well let's start by saying that garage needs to be cleaned. Aside from that I just need to tap the oil pump out to be able to replace it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took some time out of my busy schedule to get the oil pump out, I have been busy trying to get things ready for the wedding. Can't wait to get my garage space back and put this engine back together.

I finally got around to degreasing the rest of the engine.

I forgot to add these other after degreasing pictures.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a bummer,

I got excited thinking that I was going to finally install the oil pump, water pump, and oil pan items. I stretched out the o-ring for the water pump so had to order a new one. Also I damaged the seal for the oil pump, the spring fell off as I was installing it, rookie mistake. I installed the spring back into the seal but I would hate for it not to matter that I put it back and have to replace it anyways. So I ordered a new one. I am still waiting on one for the oil pick up o-rings, and a new seal. So this is all I got done today.

Put some work in before going to work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moved away from the mini van aka "swagger wagon" to two sedans. I need a car while "The Boat" is on jack stands.

Storage unit is waiting for what's left in the garage. GS has been patient.

Well tan dash is out, new dash will be in pretty soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rear of the car is up on Jack stands right now, I just need to remove disconnect the midpipe from the downpipe, remove "one" cable hopefully is just one more. Unbolt the driveshaft, remove the gear center console, unbolt the transmission from the body of the car and unbolt the engine mount bolts and she is ready to be pulled.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I started to prep the car for the engine removal, so since I had to remove the automatic shifter and I wanted to remove the foot emergency brake I decide is time to swap the black interior too. So with the help of my mini helper we got to work.

I haven't done much, I have been getting ready for Xmas and things have been slow. I had time to remove the engine and clean up the garage a bit. Sorry for the almost non existent update. But here it goes, I update my Instagram page faster so to some these pics will be old.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have not done much on the car for a while. As you can see it has been buried for the holidays.

Some awesome goodies, I love their stuff

Fab work car prep

Prep involves making room to finally fit these

Our cars have lots of extras

Gotta let go the boombastic sound for street/race car transformation

Garage is a mess again

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Out

Time to get out in the cold to make it to the fab shop

Fast forward and we are here

Time to go to bed now

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I stopped by the shop to pick up a couple of things. The guys at Patience Metal Fabrication are making great progress with the rear of the cage. However there is still a lot more left, but I love the progress they are making, their sheet is precise.

I also found out why I had a leak coming from the top left corner on the driver side. No biggie it will be handled when the car goes in for paint.

I received some updates from the shop, I have more parts coming in today to the shop. More needs to be done to the cage, as well as the crash bar. However I like how things look so far.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is how the car currently sits, based on the last time I saw it. It still has alot more work to be done to it. Thanks for checking my build out.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts