Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between: 2JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GE ?

lower compression ratio and turbo's for sure. Anything else?

O

·
0 Posts
Peter Poland said:
What are the differences between: 2JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GE ?

lower compression ratio and turbo's for sure. Anything else?
the gte head is superior. its bigger and flows better

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything else????

O

·
0 Posts
Peter Poland said:
Anything else????
there is more, i do not know the details

performance factory got a na head to flow to 1100 hp on gas, 116 octane. imagine what they can do with a gte head. no one to date has produced these numbers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to bolt a gte head (alond with intake and exhaust mani's and etc.) to the 2jzge?

-amir

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
no the bolt patterns are completely diff for each head, and if you can get past that you still have to deal with the distributor on the NA

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
i have friends that have put the SC3 head on a gte bottom end, i don't see why it wouldn't work the other way. the best/cheapest way for you to find out, is to go to the dealer, and get 2 factory headgaskets, or to try and find 2 used ones on the net.

forcefeed said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to bolt a gte head (alond with intake and exhaust mani's and etc.) to the 2jzge?

-amir

·
Registered
111 Posts
It would be pretty interesting if it did work, even with some minor machine work. I've seen a couple of other times where head swaps worked (i.e. 4g63 head on a 4g64, VTEC head on a b20 or a b18b) and it could end up providing a much better solution than turboing just a straight up 2jzge because now you would have a better flowing head and intake mani, plus a larger pool of turbo kits to choose from. Someone with lots of money wanna check it out and see if it works?:D

-amir

1 - 9 of 9 Posts