Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im horrible at knowing what to type into the search engine to get what i want so here is what i want to know. What is the main differances between the turbo and non turbo 2j short blocks i know obviously the ge is higher compression but are there any other big differances?

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
it's not really a question. GTE for the win. more power capabiliy, higher resale value, etc etc...

·
Registered
162 Posts
try... 2jzgte vs 2jzge, or 2jzgte specs, or mkiv.com, or google, or just scroll around on past pages... the 2jzgte will hold more power of course, stronger internals, its matched w/ the 6sp man. unlike the 5spd with the na. Theres so much info on this.. I dont even know why you're debating between the two anyway, one's a turbo engine which is going to handle way more power easily and the other is an NA which puts out way less hp.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im building a 1.5J thats why im debating it. i want to know if the shortblocks have any big differances so far i have found that the NA has no oil squirters and the different pistons, also no oil cooler lines or feeds for turbos.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
His question if any of you bothered to read the whole thing asked the difference in the shortblock
Booster22 said:
What is the main differances between the turbo and non turbo 2j short blocks
The 3 things that are diffent between the shortblocks are
1. The GE's did not come with oil squirters as you mentioned.
2. The GE's came with 10:1 compression ratio pistons the GTE's had 8.5:1
3. The GTE block was pre-drilled for oil feed and the upper pan was drilled for the oil return.

We can get into all sorts of differences if we want to compare the whole NA vs. TT thing even though this has been beaten to death in HUNDREDS of threads.
The comment that the internals are stronger is a crock of shit. The NA and TT interals are ALL the same except for the higher compression pistons, which I still have in my car with just a thicker headgasket.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you answered my question perfectly thank you :)

kbprice said:
His question if any of you bothered to read the whole thing asked the difference in the shortblock

The 3 things that are diffent between the shortblocks are
1. The GE's did not come with oil squirters as you mentioned.
2. The GE's came with 10:1 compression ratio pistons the GTE's had 8.5:1
3. The GTE block was pre-drilled for oil feed and the upper pan was drilled for the oil return.

We can get into all sorts of differences if we want to compare the whole NA vs. TT thing even though this has been beaten to death in HUNDREDS of threads.
The comment that the internals are stronger is a crock of shit. The NA and TT interals are ALL the same except for the higher compression pistons, which I still have in my car with just a thicker headgasket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts