Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Real Street Performance sell 2JZ-GTE VVTi cams? I see the ones for GE and GTE non-VVTi....maybe I'm not looking in the right place on the website?

Thanks.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We absolutely do. We have Brian Crower and the GSC S1 VVTi cams on shelf ready for immediate shipment. Let me know which setup you are after and I can work up an estimate for you!

Regards,
Robert
Rob,

Are these listed on Real Street's site? I do not see them.

Thanks.

·
SF Vendor Member
349 Posts

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rob!

Which VVT-i cams would you recommend for good street drivability/manners with no rough idling and NO NOISE.

Current setup is a 2JZ-GE block with 2JZ-GTE head...going for 800-1000HP goal.

I have heard some not so good things about the BC cams for the 2JZ's about noise.

Thanks.

·
SF Vendor Member
349 Posts
My personal car is currently running the BC 272's and they are not noisy, atleast to me, but I also run a straight pipe exhaust so it's likely muffled by that. Had I been aware that GSC camshafts were available for the GTE VVTi at that time(my own fault for not checking) I would have went that route hands down. GSC has proven time and time again to produce a much broader power band in comparison to nearly all their competition. The only downside to them is availability but we luckily have the S1's in stock which is what I would recommend for you as you do not want that rough of an idle. These are their latest versions with billet cores as well so you will get a much stronger camshaft vs the cast camshafts out there from every other manufacturer.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
155 Posts
what's the price of the gsc cams? I can't find them online.

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
great thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
How do the 272's idle? Like the OP, I also am interested in a very mild mannered street setup for my upcoming GE-VVTi build. I'm sure the 264's would be mild mannered, but looking at the cam cards of the BC 264's, they almost seem too mild to even be worth it. Looking at those 272's, @ .050 they don't actually look too far off from my custom grind 268's I have in my non-vvti head currently which idle nearly stock like. I'm interested in as little lope as possible, and considering they are so similar to my current ones I wonder if they'd still idle decently. Or because you can alter timing on a VVTi head, can you actually 'tune out' the lope on a typically 'lopey' cam?

·
SF Vendor Member
349 Posts
Mark actually has S2 GSC which are more aggressive than the BC's and his car, while does have some lope to it, is by no means crazy or undrivable. As for tuning out the lope that would be a question better suited for Jay. I would assume in theory it's possible but never seen anyone personally attempt it.

Robert

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mark actually has S2 GSC which are more aggressive than the BC's and his car, while does have some lope to it, is by no means crazy or undrivable. As for tuning out the lope that would be a question better suited for Jay. I would assume in theory it's possible but never seen anyone personally attempt it.

Robert
Thanks for the feedback. The S1's do seem ideal. However I'm not going to lie, the $400 price difference between them does make me think twice. You said you had the BC 272's on your car. What is your idle like? I know the cam cards don't tell the whole story, but at .050 (or .040 for GSC) the BC 272's and the S1's have extremely similar specs.

For reference sake, here are the custom grind cams I'm currently running in my non-VVTi head. I really like them as a balance between mild street manners and performance. You'll see they are actually not all that different than the 272's, just a little more mild lift, and a tish less duration (@ .050). So makes me wonder if I'd like the BC's.

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13277&stc=1&d=1359419327

·
SF Vendor Member
349 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The S1's do seem ideal. However I'm not going to lie, the $400 price difference between them does make me think twice. You said you had the BC 272's on your car. What is your idle like? I know the cam cards don't tell the whole story, but at .050 (or .040 for GSC) the BC 272's and the S1's have extremely similar specs.

For reference sake, here are the custom grind cams I'm currently running in my non-VVTi head. I really like them as a balance between mild street manners and performance. You'll see they are actually not all that different than the 272's, just a little more mild lift, and a tish less duration (@ .050). So makes me wonder if I'd like the BC's.

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13277&stc=1&d=1359419327

I haven't heard my car idle at full temperature yet only during warm up which is a little over 1k rpm. You can for sure hear a lope to them. I have an Aristo VVTi setup in a GS300 so there has had to be a ton of R&D on getting the ECU Master to function properly on my setup.

Robert

·
Registered
233 Posts
bc 272 vvti cams are a bit noisy. but a loud exhaust hides it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts