Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wass up guys I have 88 supra with a Jdm 2jz gte swap single turbo, 550's tt pump, safc2,and avcr. the crazy Shit happened to me Monday the car was running great. Monday night I move the to the back yard and parked it everything was great. Tuesday morning I get in the car to start it and it won't start. There's gas but no spark, I check the fuses good. Check the igniter good any help I can't find out the problem. What u guys think?? Help I need my car

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Check your ground on the intake manifold. Are you getting pulse? Sure you can get fuel to the lines but when you are cranking the engine, are you getting pulse, there is a difference. Check those and then report back.

If you are not getting spark and pulse when cracking, it can be a bad cam or crank sensor. I would replace the crank sensor first, but do those tests and report back.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
** My CEL doesnt work either (Not that I ever noticed before but now I do) Strange I have the similar symptoms with the MK4 not starting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I check the fuses, grounds,igniter,ecu everything good people say check the crank sensor or the cam sensor how do I check that? is the crank sensor and cam sensors commen problem with the 2jz gte engine?

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
If the CEL doesn't work from the light bulb being burnt out then you can jump the connectors with a 100k resisitor and still pull the codes from the diag connector TE1 and E1.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
same exact thing happened to me.

i pulled the car out at 11pm at night. at 7am the car would not start.

I had a bad cam sensor.

when i would go to start the car i would be a sputter every once in a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts