Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, this is my 2nd post, just got my accound activated about an hour ago. I know there is a 2JZ-GTE, but is there a GE? and how does insurance work when swapping in a new engine? and what about if i got a GE and put a turbo in? does my insurance company have to know? sorry for asking all these questions, im 17, dont have a supra yet but just inherited 5k from my great grandpa that i never met, and supras have always been my favorite car. I want to do a 2JZ swap, is this possible? can anyone clue me in on how its done? and maybe some pix? thanks alot guys, the site looks great!!

-Josh

++++++++++++

Also, is suprastore.com a good parts site for the MKIII? I can't find any other good ones. Altho now i spose i would have to look for MKIV parts with 2JZ?!?!?!?

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
yes there is a 2jz-ge, yes it can be turbo'd, the insurance company will go by your vin #, so if the vin is for a '88 nonturbo supra, that's what it'll be insured as, $5k may barely or wouldn't even pay for just the engine and tranny(assuming 6spd) for the swap in an mkiii supra. have a nice day, and next time SEARCH! :rolleyes: btw, that's a pretty neat sig sans the ghetto gangsta font style.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, thanks for the arrow mr 20", ill use that next time ;)

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
For the non swapping questions:

For the insurance it's up to you, if you want to say you have a n/a mkiii you will pay a lot less money but if your car gets jacked your fucked. So if your going that route might as well just pay for liablity, if you want the 2jz insured you have to insure the car for the value of it so you would be insuring the car for a worth of like 15-20k basically RAPE for a 17 year old, most likley ~400-500 a month for full coverage.

As for the suprastore ... if you want to deal with the biggest headaches from the biggest assholes in the whole supra community then go for it, if you want to get your parts not reused or cheap knockoffs go to www.mvpmotorsports.com or www.suprasport.com

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet, thank you AZMKIII, I just didnt know if they found out I had an 2JZ-GTE, not a 7M-GE they would **** me over and not cover me because of insurance fraud or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts