Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jose and I did this project for a customer and we are very happy with how it turned out. I figured I would post it here for you to check out.

Here's the engine bay 99% done:

First drive video after exhaust was installed:
www.driftmotion.com/MOV04022.MPG

Intercooler setup:

Various install pics:

Some highlights are:

Cold Air Conditioning!
Brand new US MK4 TT wiring harness adapted to MK3 (BTW, with no trouble codes) JDM ecu so no MAF needed.
All factory gauges are fully functional
Electric fans with thermostat switch
Koyo Race Radiator
Custom intercooler kit
Cusco strut tower bars f/r
ACT clutch
BIC motor mounts
External oil cooler
Spark valley cover smoothed and painted by PJ Bonifacio

420 Posts
Damn thats nice! Well since you have had practice i bet you could do another mkiii 2jz swap faster maybe even cheaper ? how much?

Does it have the 6 speed in it ? if so how did you overcome the lack of top end and being able to have gears 2-6 usable ? convert to 3.20 final ?

Also from the video it squats a lot i think you need some tien coil overs. maybe the RA's most agressive ones out there.

I second that congrats!
If you want take a look at my 1jz set up and the coil overs can i visit you im about 20 min from pamona.

· Registered
213 Posts
nice job guys. ive seen this in person and driftmotion did a very nice job. stock suspension? i like how it dips hard. o and btw la paloma was very good

· always watching
447 Posts
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
Damn thats nice! Well since you have had practice i bet you could do another mkiii 2jz swap faster maybe even cheaper ? how much?

Does it have the 6 speed in it ? if so how did you overcome the lack of top end and being able to have gears 2-6 usable ? convert to 3.20 final ?

Also from the video it squats a lot i think you need some tien coil overs. maybe the RA's most agressive ones out there.

I second that congrats!
If you want take a look at my 1jz set up and the coil overs can i visit you im about 20 min from pamona.
It's a 5spd r154 with a 1j bellhousing. I know arron didn't want to deal with that headache

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:

I second that congrats!
HAHAHA, now we did one we would charge more! :1poke: jk

It has a R154.
Would a 6speed be possible? Yes.
Would it cost a whole lot more. Yes.
Is it worth it for a bpu 2jz swap in a mk3? I don't think so.
If money is no object then lets do it!

R154 is plenty strong and that one extra gear costs you lot of money!

The car may be getting a set of coilovers very soon! We have sway bars to be installed already.

Thanks for all the props guys!!!

· Dont question the good Dr
2,801 Posts
Great job Aaron and Jose, you guys do incredible work. and it has cold AC, thats just bling factor right there. So whats next on the chopping block Aaron? You've done the 1jz and 7M cressida's, 2jz and 1jz MKIII's, you've made a MKIII the way it should be from the factory *with mikes car a while back*, im interested to see what you have next. You guys never disappoint thats for sure :bigthumb:

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
We did a 1JZ SC300 too! :)
We couldn't do any of it without all the cool people who put their hard earned money in to doing their projects with us! We're blessed with great customers!

There will be a 2JZ MK2 at some point, and a MK4 with a built 1JZ would be a fun project I think.

420 Posts
still when could i come check them out in person PM ? I heard its better to see these things live! I bought my 1JZ not to far from there and i will be passing you guys for my jobs school in that area 11th ,12th this month and later also. Good job man.

Do you have plans to meet at the SILV at the end of sept ?

hmm maybe wager some drag races with other 7MGTE MKIII's out there ?

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The customer has his car back already. We will be at Vegas for sure. As for betting on drag races, that's not my cup of tea.

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Can you tell me how you connected the downpipe? I'm having a bit of an issue, using the Aristo cast iron piece... the outlet seems very small and I got a US replacement thinking it would just bolt up to the existing exhaust manifold, etc...

Anyways, I have a 3" MKIV downpipe which will match up to a US TT exhaust, but the Aristo's isn't easy to deal with.... what'd you do?

420 Posts
verry nice about how much would a customer pay for this? est high if you want aprox.

price using r154 ='s ?
price using 6 speed , & modified diff ?

I have a baby boy on the way and if i blow the crap out of this 1jz somehow I would like to go to you having done this before, or if i want to go the state legal way by putting in a 2jz then i will be going through you probley.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.