Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took me painfull too long but now finally is near of finish here is an engine bay pic.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
SP67 if i was to guess??!!?!

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Im sorry this maybe a stupid question, and I'm not familiar with the differences between the GE and GTE 2j blocks but, why go with the GE and turbo it... Is there some advantage to that, disadvantage ?

Looks good btw congrats on the progress.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Im sorry this maybe a stupid question, and I'm not familiar with the differences between the GE and GTE 2j blocks but, why go with the GE and turbo it... Is there some advantage to that, disadvantage ?

Looks good btw congrats on the progress.
possible availabity and or cost difference between both motors,looking good by the way

·
2JZ NA-T MKIII
666 Posts
2JZGE is very available, and very strong. I got mine for 650 shipped. I replaced the HG with a 3MM cometic to lower the compression and let me tell you at only 10 PSI this thing rips w/ my MP T70. I need a clutch now.

This setup cost me less than what I sold my 7MGTE + Parts for (NOT including the stinger EMS.. original plan was to run it off 7MGTE Wiring harness and ECU)

Old pictures, this project took 4 months from start to finish with considerable down time.

My entire build:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34525

87T 2JZ NA-T w/ Stinger EMS

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
VERY NICE SETUP...
our interiors look identical...
only you wired a standalone...my wires are just everywhere
and your laptop is useful...mine just plays songs :)

·
Banned
330 Posts
nice man, but i noticed you dont have a distributor what did u do to elimate it?wish my ge looked like that

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
IS coils? very nice! looks clean, cant wait to see the resuilts!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2JZGE is very available, and very strong. I got mine for 650 shipped. I replaced the HG with a 3MM cometic to lower the compression and let me tell you at only 10 PSI this thing rips w/ my MP T70. I need a clutch now.

This setup cost me less than what I sold my 7MGTE + Parts for (NOT including the stinger EMS.. original plan was to run it off 7MGTE Wiring harness and ECU)

Old pictures, this project took 4 months from start to finish with considerable down time.

My entire build:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34525

87T 2JZ NA-T w/ Stinger EMS
looks good man, iam busy on mine for arount nine month.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you, as does yours. Once you are finished it will be well worth it! Your engine bay is really clean. Are you running the engine off the 2JZGE wiring harness and ECU?
i just swich over gte sensor. so i had change my oil pump and custom fabricate a location to fit a can position sensor just like dave did on his cilinder head. i`m gona use a microtech ems. once i get my fuel rail and injecctor ready i will star to wire it up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts