Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about start a 2jz-nat build on a supra .
First time doing this so I am starting small

My HP goals is 300-400 WHP

i bought :
cxracing kit
ECUMaster emu classic
ECUMaster PNP

I still need to buy:
Gasket
APR head studs
A tune
Fuel upgrade

i have done research on everything but the fuel rail, since I am looking for 300-400 hp. what do you guy recommend I do?

I have seen ppl just upgraded their fuel Injectors ( and I believe I have to upgrade my fuel pump.

Please share your thoughts recommendations on brands and what I need for the fuel support system.

also lmk if I need anything else for my NAT project.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,289 Posts
Since your goals are low and if you know for sure you don’t plan to go much higher anytime soon save some cash.

Just upgrade injectors, fuel pump, FPR.

You didn’t mention intercooler setup, you will need one of those as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since your goals are low and if you know for sure you don’t plan to go much higher anytime soon save some cash.

Just upgrade injectors, fuel pump, FPR.

You didn’t mention intercooler setup, you will need one of those as well.

maybe in 6 month I will want to increase the power. What would you recommend then?
The Cx racing comes with an intercooler !
They just required that I build the engine( the ape head studs and the gasket)

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,289 Posts
Good deal! Check this link out as there’s a lot of important information you need to read.

Also you didn’t mention transmission, if you’re on the factory auto stay under 300hp and W58 stay under 500hp to be safe. They can realistically hold more but that’s the areas you start to see issues after some use.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want 3-400hp I wouldn't even bother with headgasket and head studs. You'll make that power on a stock motor.

A Walbro 255 fuel pump and some injectors will do the trick. You could source some 440cc MK3 Supra injectors and wire in resistors or find some drop in, plug and plays such as Siemens DEKA's or Bosch.

Have you got a clutch sourced? Or are you auto?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want 3-400hp I wouldn't even bother with headgasket and head studs. You'll make that power on a stock motor.

A Walbro 255 fuel pump and some injectors will do the trick. You could source some 440cc MK3 Supra injectors and wire in resistors or find some drop in, plug and plays such as Siemens DEKA's or Bosch.

Have you got a clutch sourced? Or are you auto?
I had the same thought process, I was looking at the radium injectors . And I have a manual , I have a cd009 , I am still doing research on what adapter /clutch , mounting bracket and relocation shifter that are out there

·
From the land down under
4,256 Posts
Just a Walbro GS341 and some bigger injectors will be adequate for what you want. You do not need an FPR.

Make sure to ceramic coat or heat wrap all the hot parts, as they like to melt things :)

The CX Racing kit will probably cause you some head aches but they can be solved with patience and a few deep breaths...Good luck on your NA-T journey

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same thought process, I was looking at the radium injectors . And I have a manual , I have a cd009 , I am still doing research on what adapter /clutch , mounting bracket and relocation shifter that are out there
I didn't think Radium did injectors but rather just the hardware such as rails, lines, pump hangers, brackets and things like that. But as long as they're the correct size, you can just about go for anything with a reputable brand name behind it.

As Mr Ree said, good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts