Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
2JZ 4 Life
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys what's up. I have beening on here for awhile now, I just don't have may posts. Actually this is probably my first thread I started. I have been around on others forums for a long time though. Anyways I figured I fill you in on the progect I have going on.

The story:
Before this project started I had a '95 Probe GT. Loved it to death. It dynoed at 504whp. It was turboed, built engine the whole 9 yards. But I wasn't happy with the traction. Fun car on the hwy though. 504whp+fwd=no traction. So I decided I was going to change it into a rwd monster. Here are a few pics of my progress. I started the progress about 4-5 months ago. I'd say I'm about 60% done. A lot of the small stuff is left.

2jzge engine
th350 tranny
ford 9" rear
trianglulated 4 bar rear suspension

Well, what do you think?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not a Probe fan but that is some impressive work.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Very original. Looks like it will be killer. So you're going with 2JZGE and not 2JZGTE?

·
Registered
370 Posts
medici78 said:
Very original. Looks like it will be killer. So you're going with 2JZGE and not 2JZGTE?
Noticed that, too. But my concern went out the door with the pic of the big shiny turbo that makes me not care anymore... :)

·
2JZ 4 Life
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ImUrOBGYN said:
Noticed that, too. But my concern went out the door with the pic of the big shiny turbo that makes me not care anymore... :)

Hey thanks for the props guys. I have put a lot of work into.

I went with the 2jzge 'cause the engine was cheaper. I'm trying to keep the costs down as much as possible. And yes it will be turboed. I plan on around 600-700whp if all goes well. And yes I want to keep it as stock looking as possible. I mean sure it has a body kit and all, but who will expect a Probe right.

It's still a work in progress. Still kinda rough. I hope to have it driveable by mid-July though(probably no interior at that point, but who cares if it runs!!!!!).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks good Matt....glad to see it coming together. Bring it to Fargo this summer and we'll have a battle of the rwd 2jz probes!! :)

·
2JZ 4 Life
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fallguy said:
Looks good Matt....glad to see it coming together. Bring it to Fargo this summer and we'll have a battle of the rwd 2jz probes!! :)
hehe...I was waiting for you to show up... Well it probably won't be 100% this year. I just hope to drive it this year. Plan on next year. How cool will that be. 2 2jz powered probes running down the track side-by-side turning 8's-9's

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts