Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im sure you guys have posted this time and time and time again...but im new to this whole mechanics things....not really i have a wide knowledge of alot of things...but there are some things i just dont get with this whole 2j swap. I just recently bought my 2j and ive been reading on what you have to do to fit it in my sexy 89 supra.....sooo here are my questions (btw any help will be much appreciated)

I bought the 2j with an auto tranny....as you guys im sure will agree...autos are not fun.....will the stock 7mgte manual tranny mount to the 2jz and what parts do i need to configure this on to the 2j? Theres a single turbo i want from powerhouseracing.com i wanna put in that will add up to 650 rwhp.

Upon getting this turbo will i need to change any of the internals? if so what do i need to change?

Whats a good IC to use for this turbo? and a manifold as well? where can i find these at?

I know about the fuel pump issue...the walbro ive heard is the best one to get. Do i just need to change the fuel pump or are there other fuel components i need to change with it?

This one confuses me. Why do i need both wire harnesses? I dont have a 7m wire harness because when i bought the supra it didnt come wiht one. Where can i find a used 7m wire harness how much do they go for and why do i need it?

Where can i find the motor mounts? ive been searching far and wide to find them and i havnt been able to find my hands on a set yet

I appreciate everyones help and i know im a little slow at all this stuff but its a learning experiece. I have all the tools you could possibly need and an educated brother to help me do the work...the only problem is hes an american muscle type of guy and well.....as you can tell im an import kinda guy. Let me know anything and everything you know about doing this swap and thank you

· Registered
39 Posts
you need both harnesses b/c your going to have to hybrid them together, to make the 2j plug into your dash harness and such.

as far as the tranny goes, should just need the bellhousing off a 1j to use the r154 they can be had new for like 400 bucks but you should be able to find one used

· Registered
196 Posts
stickies are your friend http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292754 if you want to make 650 hp, you are going to need to upgrade your Fuel injectors and fuel pump, I dont think a single walbro can handle 650hp, I am not sure though, you might need to do a dual walbro set up. the 2j block can handle 650hp, if you have the money upgrading your internals when the motor is out is a good option, so some forged pistons and connectings rods w/ some arp hardware would be good. When you hit that 650hp mark your gonna want more so upgrading the internals will help in the long run. Also you need to think about your suspension/wheel & tire combo to put that 650 to the ground. Also some kind of engine manangement (aem, motec, map ecu just to name a few)...for an intercooler, make sure its a nice sized one, I have used ebay intercoolers and they work fine. just go to the link I put there and do some reading, you will get a good feel for everything you need..oh yeah and some deep pockets wont hurt either...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.