Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a few months ago, but still fun nonetheless. I was on the highway coming from a buddy's shop and saw an M5 creeping up at a pretty good clip. When he got closer, I saw the Jersey tags and the guito haircut so I knew it would be fun.
We got side by side at the same starting speed (about 80mph) and from there it wasn't even fun. He was so pissed that his $80k luxury left him back that he did the loser "fly-by" and started to weave in and out of traffic. I couldn't help but smile.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
LOL! 2JZ in a S13? I would do it in a S14 because I like that body style more. More importantly, your car with a 2JZ in it is like having the 2JZ run on a cardboard box. Power to weight ratio is crazy. What tires are you running for traction?

If I ever get to do a S14 2JZ swap, I would put my T76 2JZ in the S14, roll the rear fenders to the maximum and put the widest tires on there with a 300ZX LSD.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Good stuff:) Sore losers are the best

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice kill, how much whp are you making in your S13?

I do like both body styles but i would have to agree with "IBoughtASupra", i do like the S14 bodystyle a little more

·
Got boost?
260 Posts
i've killed couple M's with my 2jS13 as well... nice kill how much power u pushing?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! 2JZ in a S13? I would do it in a S14 because I like that body style more. More importantly, your car with a 2JZ in it is like having the 2JZ run on a cardboard box. Power to weight ratio is crazy. What tires are you running for traction?

If I ever get to do a S14 2JZ swap, I would put my T76 2JZ in the S14, roll the rear fenders to the maximum and put the widest tires on there with a 300ZX LSD.
I am running 255 bridgestones...nothing special, yet. With the J30 LSD, it gets traction quite nicely. I also put a 27" diameter tire on in-place of the 24" diameter stock tires. Made the overall gearing a little taller which helped!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've killed couple M's with my 2jS13 as well... nice kill how much power u pushing?
Haven't actually been strapped on a dyno yet, but with my recent HKS cam install, I should be right around 600whp when I get her tuned and that's where I want to stay with it. I have to keep it semi-streetable.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Haven't actually been strapped on a dyno yet, but with my recent HKS cam install, I should be right around 600whp when I get her tuned and that's where I want to stay with it. I have to keep it semi-streetable.
600whp now? Or 600whp after tuned? If your claiming 600whp now using that tire combo and your hooking......

What turbo are you running?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
600whp now? Or 600whp after tuned? If your claiming 600whp now using that tire combo and your hooking......

What turbo are you running?
I am running a PT6262 Billet.

My goal for this project was 600whp and using acceleration vs. time and weight calculations, I was estimated to be around 460-500whp when I had the JDM cams in running 24psi with very conservative fuel and ignition maps. I am going to get my new map with the 272s as close as I can with highway tuning and then let a dyno tuner smooth out my wrinkles and hopefully that puts me right around the 600 mark. From what I have read from various posts about the 272s and the PT6262, I shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
894 Posts
nice kill man

·
Got boost?
260 Posts
i have 600+whp on my 2jzS13 it's rocket. even with pump 93. i'm making somewhere 400-450 with 13.5-14.5psi. still beat the shit out of M6.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I am running pump + meth. I would love the opportunity to destroy an M6, unfortunately we only have one (that I know of) cruising around the area and I don't think the guy ever hits the highways.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts