1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mods will be:
-Aristo 2JZ-GTE w/ JDM MAP ECU
-T04R turbo, 63mm compressor w/ .81 A/R turbine housing
-720cc injectors, AFPR, and dual walbros or external pump. We'll see when I get there.

My goal is 550-600whp, which this turbo should be capable of at around 25-28psi, and I'm trying to decide between AEM standalone and Greddy Emanage Ultimate. I'm hoping to hear from somebody that has used the Emanage since I know the AEM can do it, but I'd rather use the Emanage instead of learning to tune a standalone.

I need something that supports ignition timing control (preferably), 720cc injectors (or more), and a larger MAP sensor so I can go above the 2.2bar (1.2bar/18psi positive boost) resolution of the stock 2JZ MAP sensor.

Like I said, I'd prefer to use the emanage since I'm going to first get the car running for the summer on the stock ECU and LOW (11-12psi) boost to make sure it runs right, and then upgrade from there. It would be easier to use a piggy back at that point than to start fresh on the engine management.

I have a good laptop for tuning, and I'll have a wideband for datalogging and monitering the AFR's.

What do you guys think? Can Emanage Ultimate do it? Can the blue box do it? (I know I won't have ignition timing control, but can it handle 25psi?)

Thanks,
Collin

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
emu looks good.. i dunno if they worked out all the bugs though.. when I had it it was all messed up (bought it when it first came out though sold 2 months later and got aem) lol...

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Dont mess with the Emanage..

Go with the AEM, you will be much happier trust me!

and PM me if you need a good deal on one.. lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
one is a piggyback the other is a standalone, totally apples and oranges. the EMU has 12x12 tables which is not bad however.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The EMU is good for the money and I feel was a stepping stone for me because I really didn't know how to tune at first. Now I am looking to upgrade. It does work well but is alot of extra wiring.
The good thing about it is that you can always start from scratch since all it does is adjust signals. Just put all the tables to zero and enter the before and after injector size and you are good to go.

In reality I want to upgrade just so I can tell people I have a standalone and not a piggy back. lol so true

1 - 6 of 6 Posts