Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mechanic sent me this latest pic. Tune is complete for now. Will go to pick up my car tomorrow. Details of the build are as follows:

JDM non-vvti 2JZ GTE with factory twin turbos (ceramic wheel)
5-speed manual transmission (same Nissan box used in RB25 DET skylines)
Stock JDM cams (has cam gears though)
Typical bpu mods like full exhaust, intake, intercooler etc
Walbro 450 in-tank pump + ID1000 injectors
Tuned on the HKS f-con v pro 3.24
Only running 1 bar of boost (14.5psi) tuned to E85.

Not a huge amount of power with 350whp, however the torque is great at 524 ft-lbs, and the torque spread itself looks fantastic and very drivable for a street car. Also remember this setup is a nissan cefiro, the car is very very light (somewhere around 2800lbs). I don't know why they didn't turn up the boost to 18psi, but will find out tomorrow. Anyhow should be fine for now.

I have a HX35 ready to go, will install it in a few months, plan to boost the hell out of it, max it out and see what it can do.

This is an old pick of the engine bay without the current injectors/fuel rail installed. Need to get a new one.

·
Tree Hugger
816 Posts
looks awesome!

·
Registered
256 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the car and spoke to the tuner/mechanic. He said more than 14-15psi with the stock JDM turbos is a bit risky.

In terms of response now it is great. Really need to change the tires ASAP though as it just shreds them as soon as I apply even a bit of throttle. Not a bad problem to have as far as car problems though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Picked up the car and spoke to the tuner/mechanic. He said more than 14-15psi with the stock JDM turbos is a bit risky.

In terms of response now it is great. Really need to change the tires ASAP though as it just shreds them as soon as I apply even a bit of throttle. Not a bad problem to have as far as car problems though.
I've heard this quite a few times. They start getting really sketchy at 17.5+ PSI (aka blowing up). And yeah, I bet you can roast some tires with all that torque!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard this quite a few times. They start getting really sketchy at 17.5+ PSI (aka blowing up). And yeah, I bet you can roast some tires with all that torque!
I can actually speak from personal experience in this regard. I previously had a 1997 JDM RZ supra. Started life as BPU but after a few months the twins were blown to pieces. I was already planning a single turbo conversion so it didn't matter, but yeah they are not so strong.

In regards to the roasting tires issue, at first I thought the clutch was slipping as the rpm went up but the car wasn't going any faster, but then I figured it out. This model car is used a lot in drifting and I can see why. Under wheel spin the car is very easy to control and well balanced. But yeah, next week will install some newish Champiro SX2, supposed to be an Extreme Performance Summer tires which should help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can actually speak from personal experience in this regard. I previously had a 1997 JDM RZ supra. Started life as BPU but after a few months the twins were blown to pieces. I was already planning a single turbo conversion so it didn't matter, but yeah they are not so strong.

In regards to the roasting tires issue, at first I thought the clutch was slipping as the rpm went up but the car wasn't going any faster, but then I figured it out. This model car is used a lot in drifting and I can see why. Under wheel spin the car is very easy to control and well balanced. But yeah, next week will install some newish Champiro SX2, supposed to be an Extreme Performance Summer tires which should help.
Perfect! There is one of those cars at a local importer here. Neat looking things!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts