Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, since I am an official Project Manager (yet my MKIII projects are out of control), I thought I'd share my preliminary/draft MS Project Plan. I placed it into a PDF format so ya'll won't need MS Project to see it. Pay no attention to the dates/durations, since all I've done is list some of the basic tasks/steps.

Would love some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, as well as some funnies. Cassio and I are doing our swap at about the same time, mine using the auto tranny and his using the R154.

So, we should have a great deal of DOCUMENTED steps/info to share after the swaps (his idea ;-).

Anyways, hopefully it gets ya'll thinking about some of the real planning that is necessary, for a hopefully "smooth" swap.

http://www.geocities.com/g099521/MKIII/2JZ_SWAP/2jzswap.pdf

·
Registered
82 Posts
You made a work breakdown structure for your engine swap lol :wtflol:

Now we just need some architecture diagrams and an approved Authorization for Expenditure from your S.O. :p

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
Thats something I almost did haha.... I have wicked bad OCD and have to make lists of everything no matter what it is. I make checklists of parts and constantly check it at least 10 times a day and keep changing my mind and shit, I obsess over everything that has to do with my 1j swap and its been 6 months of getting everything together and it's not even started yet.

At least I know someone is as sick as me in the head also.

:)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Damn E,

i fyou're going to do that much drinking it will take forever :)

when you get a chance send those wiring diags over and ill translate them for us...

my clip will be here tuesday.... hoping to start tearing into it asap!

-ian

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ I think you're right! If I reduce the amount I drink this time, maybe it won't take another 3 years ;-)

Like Cassio's been saying... we're gonna document the hell out these swaps and make it so that all you have to do, is plan the work... then work the plan.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
lol i love the curse alot / drink some beers phase. I also made a WBS for my swap, it actually helps keep you on track.

~scott

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Can't wait to see this laid out step by step. I'm told it's not much different than the 1J swap, but I've never participated in one of those either :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts