Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I done a 2JZGTE swap with pieces from an NA and an Aristo harness. I have power and ground hooked up to the ECU and igniter. The cam sensors, crank sensor, and ignitor wires are hooked up to the ECU, as well as the injectors and resistor pack but all other wires removed from the ECU connector. It seems I have the mininum number of wires connected to start the engine, but it just cranks with no spark. Ive checked as much as I can with the troubleshooting manual without an o-scope. Are there any other components that HAVE to be hooked up just to start the engine? Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT:: Got it! I had the Black/Orange wires for the igniter and the injectors connected to ground instead of power. The car hardle idles at all, but there are vaccum leaks and no way for the ECU to meter air yet. So to fire, a very minimal amount of wires need to be connected to the ecu. Now on with the rest of the wiring.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
good luck on the swap. we finished mine a couple of days ago...still trying to figure out where those little leaks are coming from.

what are you using from your na motor ?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only using parts of an NA harness. The engine is one that I replaced in the supra after blowing it up. The swap is into an 89 thunderbird sc. I came close to buying a new harness because used TT Usdm auto harnesses are not to be found. $940 is too much to spend though so I completely pulled apart an NA and 2 aristo harnesses and started buildind what I needed. It looks like its gonna work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts