Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,
Trying to figure out what kind of muffler to go with. In the 2JZ-Tacoma we will be running 3"... but any suggestions to what kind of muffler. I want to sound like a supra, NOT a flowmaster/gibson/borla pickup...haha. I've been motioned towards the "Burns Stainless". Looks awesome, but so does that price...boo hoo. Even if I did go that route, where the heck do I find a turn down piece to fit over that 4.5" O.D....hmmm. My goal is to keep the exhaust hidden, so I want to run a turn down after the muffler. Any suggestions on muffler and/or turndowns?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Magnaflow makes nice fully polished stainless steel straght through mufflers, for about $100. Cant go wrong with that. There is tons of different types available for 3"inlet/outlet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fellas,
Trying to figure out what kind of muffler to go with. In the 2JZ-Tacoma we will be running 3"... but any suggestions to what kind of muffler. I want to sound like a supra, NOT a flowmaster/gibson/borla pickup...haha. I've been motioned towards the "Burns Stainless". Looks awesome, but so does that price...boo hoo. Even if I did go that route, where the heck do I find a turn down piece to fit over that 4.5" O.D....hmmm. My goal is to keep the exhaust hidden, so I want to run a turn down after the muffler. Any suggestions on muffler and/or turndowns?

duh to me.. 4.5" O.D. is NOT outlet Diameter :nono: It's Overall/Outside Diameter of the fatty part of muffler...hahaha.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So do you have a 2JZ in your truck? Also I think you might be around the Asheville area? If you are shoot me a PM I got a 1JZ Supra and I have heard about this truck! If your not around Asheville where in NC are you?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do you have a 2JZ in your truck? Also I think you might be around the Asheville area? If you are shoot me a PM I got a 1JZ Supra and I have heard about this truck! If your not around Asheville where in NC are you?
Boone, NC... 2JZ not in yet :nono: Still building:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts