Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wierd, I have read everywhere that you use the 2JZ throttle cable and it works well. I just installed the thing and it is like 3 inches too short. Will only make it to the left side of the throttle assembly and there the hole is too small.

I just don't see how this works. I think I am going to use the 1JZ cable.

Am I missing something here???

Marty

·
Registered
416 Posts
to use the 2JZ cable, take the throttle cable bracket off the intake manifold and bolt it on with only one bolt, using the front hole on the bracket and the rear hole on the manifold. You will need a washer as it wont bolt flush on its own.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
mine was a 2jz throttle cable and Jwcatto's is. just have to modify the stock bracket a little with a spacer between it and the manifold.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a pic of this? The problem I am having is that it is about 3" too short. I can only get it to route to the place where the cruise control is normally located, but then the cable end is too big to fit into it. I can't get it near the other one at all.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Use the 1JZ cable... Why spend money on something ya don't need! It's ok Marty I know we had this conversation already.

GL with the swap.

- Hams.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
you have to go straight out wrap it around the brake booster.it will come out behind the booster along the firewall to the bracket

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
if you guys are planning on using the 2j cable and have a 1j cable left over, let us know. im sure you can sell it on here

i did figure out how to route the 1j cable under the master cylinder and clamp it down with an existing clip so that it looks stockish. works just fine, no cuttery needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts