Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,239 Posts
What the heck kind of van is that, anyway? Whatever it is, I'm certain we never got it in the states.
I love crazy 2JZ swaps. The 2JZ is getting swapped into everything these days lol.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
:lol: would love to do a road trip with that!

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
Mr. T approves of this.....:rockon:

I love seeing all the different things a 2jz gets swapped into.

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Wow, first 2J swap that I know of going into a van.

So now we've got cars, trucks, boats, dragsters, and now vans covered.

Good luck with the swap!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i got this today:)

it's a new ebay one but i got it 2nd hand so it only cost me UK£80 - i'd read all the stories about them and i was a bit worried on the quality but when it arrived its very good! when i had the V6 in i made 2 manifolds from scratch as there was nothing available and the cost of this wasnt much more than the materials alone cost for the others
i'll weld in some strengthning bars like the later ones have and also the BOV pipe fouls the steering column so i need to chop that off and weld it back the other way

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
had a good weekend on this :D dropped the crossmember so i could get the engine sat in the right position - basically anything in its way now i can mod later :)

this is a pic showing the space i have left at the front - amazing really i can get the old cossy rad in there and space for some slim fans :)

basically the reason ive got so much space is i have lowered the engine down and back - its still 1/2" off the bulkhead

i can now make the mounts - ive decided to use jag V12 mounts a nice basic design and good enough to take the weight if i need to i'll make a support to hold them down and stop them splitting

they are similar mounts k-conversions use in there bmw conversion kit which costs £1050

this is a close up of the mount :)

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
This is an awesome swap. Reminds me of my dad's old work van that had a Chevy 350 in it. You'll be the fastest pedo in town!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts