Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aftermarket 1jz designated pulleys are or are not transferable to the 2jz waterpump "upgrade"?

·
supra love
463 Posts
are not. the 1jz pumps have one nut that holds the pulley on whereas the 2jz waterpump pulley is bolted on by four nuts

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Also, where is lake zurich about in Illinois. I take it you have a 1jz correct?

·
supra love
463 Posts
about an hour north of aurora if thats where your at. its by barrington, about 20 min north of schaumburg. we should meet up sometime. i'm putting the single on but i'm having some tough electrical problems right now and i could use an extra guy with knowledge about supras if you interested in giving me a hand sometime.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Both my 1JZ's had 4 bolt pully waterpumps when i got the swaps. Both of them got replaced with 2JZGTE waterpumps with 4 bolt pullys also from AutoZone for $50 bux. 1JZ waterpumps have plastic impellers, replace it to a 2JZGTE ASAP before you blow your motor. If that involves going to an electric fan, then do so. I have 2-3 4bolt pullys foresale in the 1JZ forsale section.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good to me Jake. I'm pretty swamped with work lately. Also, I'm in the midst of my own swap and could use an extra hand :). Maybe I could run up there on a weekend or so...Hit me up some time on AIM if you have it. Orubus is the screen name. So, verdict is if it's a 4 bolt waterpump for the 2j pump, a 1j aftermarket pulley set will work...correct?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Soarer 1JZ's do not have the hydrofan. Same waterpump as a 2JZGTE.

If you have a 4bolt waterpump, any 1JZ/2JZ pully set will work, since the 1JZ and 2JZ have the same pullys and accessories. At least the JZZ30 1JZ does.

My 92 1JZ SC300 has a 2JZGE power steering pump, 2JZGE a/c compressor, 2JZGE alternator, and 2JZGTE waterpump. All direct fit plug and play (well for the ps pump, bolt off the tank and bolt on the hose adapter).

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So....Is there anywhere you can just buy a 2jz Water pump aftermarket pulley. Because that would suck if ya can't...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts