Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2jzge powered Probe 9.15 @ 148!!!!

We need some suspension work. :sadance: This is with 30x13.5 ET streets!

http://www.boostwerx.com/vids/Fallguy7-8-06A.wmv

This is my buddies car running 25 psi with a GT4276, launching at 7000 (converter is a little too loose). Ran a 10.35 @ 132 when it mostly hooked up launching a little softer. Once we get it hooking up better we will up the boost.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It was a really hot day at the track today, but the Probe was laying down some horsepower even in ~100F temps. We put a new converter in the car Sat nite and the stall was almost perfect. First pass of the morning, the transbrake decides not to work. :-( 11.64 @ 139mph (tigher more efficent converter really helps top end). We messed around with the shifter linkage and the we decide that transbrake is broken. Matt decides to footbrake the launch and see what happens. 3 passes later we get the pass shown in the vid which was the best of the day. Time to pull the trans and get it fixed.

http://www.boostwerx.com/vids/Fallguy7-16-06.wmv

·
Registered
37 Posts
that is the sping rate on the probe in the rear? Is it a 4 link setup? Looks like the car is leaving really flat and not transfering to the rear. What kinda tire pressure?

·
Registered
132 Posts
93 twintrbo said:
Nice runs man, Whats the car weigh?

Lawrence
Car weighs 2750 with me in it.

The car has a 4 link and I'm using 110lb springs in the back. The transbrake died, so I'm foot braking the car at launch. I cut a 1.55 on that run. We'll try the transbrake and see how it does next time. We are working on getting the weight transferred.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was having similar problems in my RWD VW New beetle. thing had no weight out back , was running(plastic fenders and rear bumper), 100lb springs with the shocks adjusted all the was soft, and had to fool around alot with the 4 link to get it to hook. best 60fts were 1.29's on small 29X10's. Good luck.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Probe took a big leap forward, this time with some relatively major rear suspension changes and a little more boost. The cooler weather was a nice change. This is a stock bottom end, stock head, stock cams, etc with a GT4276 at 32 psi of boost.

http://www.boostwerx.com/vids/Fallguy8-6-06.wmv

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hell yah! Thats badass. Glad to see everything finally got done. So when are we going to see some 8s!! :)

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
2JZ? no shit....... :lol:

Bad ass car!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad to see it running guys, nice work. you need to bring it down to thunder valley some time

·
Registered
37 Posts
suspension setups play a huge part in drag racing. Glad to see you guys are getting it dialed in! keep us posted, and the pics coming............

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Everyone likes it when people put a 2jz in other cars..but when that guy wanted to put a RB engine in his supra everyone opposed! lol

Anyways isn't that probe a FWD. DId your friend have to do alot of cutting on the floor for a trans tunnel? Is it a live axle in the back?

·
Registered
393 Posts
makaveli200369 said:
Everyone likes it when people put a 2jz in other cars..but when that guy wanted to put a RB engine in his supra everyone opposed! lol

Anyways isn't that probe a FWD. DId your friend have to do alot of cutting on the floor for a trans tunnel? Is it a live axle in the back?
The RB engine sucks, that's why my 240 has a 2JZ ;)

Most of the 240 people hate me because I have a nissan engine, yet the love the Mazda people and such who put SRs in other makes of cars.

People here are cool with me...

I guess if it's your car you don't want people putting other engines in it. But when it's your engine you don't mind it being put in other cars.

I was thinking it was FWD too..

Wouldnt it have been easier to start with a RWD car if that were the case?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts