Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i swapped a usdm 94 gs300 2jzge into my 93 240sx. Im running a ar5 tranny which is basically a updated r154. 2jzge Factory auto gs300 ecu and auto harness. Car is in limp mode at all time weather CEL is on or not. Im having problems with running diagnostics on my ecu. I have pin 6 on the small ecu plug wired to my check engine light on the 240 harness. Its definatly retaining memory cuz when i cut the battery power the light wont come on until i drive the car for 10min then if i turn ignition off and back on the CEL with light up and stay on. I followed the guide to run disgnostics by jumping te1 and e1 but my CEL wont blink codes the light just stays on. Also tried pin 20 on the small ecu plug which is te1 and tried grounding it out but that dident make the CEL blink either. Check it with a test light too and nothing. I was also thinking that mayby the way i have my ecu wired up everthing to make the car run is getting switched 12 at once. Is it possible that the ecu thinks the car is acually running when i turn my igntion key on pne click. That one click is the trigger to power up everything for my ecu. Is the igniton pin on the small ecu plug supposed to be the only thing getting power when in diagnostics mode? Also the speed sensor for art is 2 prong and everybodyz normal r154's are 3 prong. Do i just wire the ar5 vss to pin 2vss on the small ecu plug?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
wrong subforum

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My b i figured my car is gonna be a build. Just needed some help with the jz if anybody could help. Anyways i relized i had MRel pin 24 on small ecu plug going to a constant source. The diagram im using says to ground pin 24 so i grounded it quick. Took car for test drive and CEL is on when i turn mey and start for 10sec. So no CEL atleast i dont think. Did a weak ass burnout recalibating tps tomorro

·
greasemonkey
3,125 Posts
If the engine light is not flashing, either the ECU does not see the transmission signal as in neutral or park (neutral start switch that was on the auto trans is not jumped correctly, which can cause limp mode), or the TPS is out of adjustment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea im gonna try to reset the tps in alittle while. So after ground m-rel yesterday i went out for a 2 hour drift sesh and the CEL wasent on. Turned car on this morning to drive to work and its flashing a CEL now. So i just got home and i took te1 directly from the small ecu plug and grounded it to the computer and bingo its flashing codes now. Im souped

·
greasemonkey
3,125 Posts
Yeah, one of the sensors in the distributor is bad, unless you hacked the wires between the distributor and ecu.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i did take the harness of the motor to powerwash the block before it went into the car i bought a used gs300 dizzy from a local junkyard. Hopefully its good and doesent leak. Gonna try swapping it later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yea and part of documenting a build is asking some stupid questions. So i just tested the 4pins at the dizzy through the wire harness to the ecu and there is continuity. I haf my brother swap my junkyard dizzy in too. Still same problem so im leaning toward just buying a brand new one.
Quick recap my ecu worked perfect in my bros sc300 so i know that should be good, the wiring harness has continuity. Now dont get your panties all bunched up cuz i got one more question. So i noticed that pin 7 on the aem series 2 2jzge ecu pinput diagram that pin 7 is for distributor ground. I got the pin on the ecu but where does it lead too? Is it just a ground to the engine or something like that?

Ps i get upload picture of my build to make the trolls happy.

·
greasemonkey
3,125 Posts
Check the ground signal from the distributor to the ecu. Also, make sure all of the pins are making contact when plugged into the ecu and the distributor etc... I had a pin push out on the distributor plug on my gs300. I ended up just replacing the connector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts