1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
~7200 is when the rev limiter kicks in, redline on the tach is 6800

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The rev limiter seems to be inconsistant... at least on my car. On one dyno pull my car spun to 7500... the next the limiter cuts in at 6800.... go figure.

T

·
0 Posts
Is there a way to cut out the Rev Limiter??? What about the Speed Govern? The fastest I have taken my Supra was 140 mph so I'm guessing that there is no Speed Govern!! Am I right or wrong????

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
DaveH said:
The rev limiter seems to be inconsistant... at least on my car. On one dyno pull my car spun to 7500... the next the limiter cuts in at 6800.... go figure.
now thats wierd mine always hits (or used to anyway :p ) at the same rpm.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
toyosupra95 said:
Is there a way to cut out the Rev Limiter??? What about the Speed Govern? The fastest I have taken my Supra was 140 mph so I'm guessing that there is no Speed Govern!! Am I right or wrong????
you would have to reprogram or get a new ecu to remove the rev limiter. I took mine up to 145 and still no limiter, I believe we are rpm limited on the top speed factor which is 15xmph i think

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Yes but if your talking top speed runs you might want to be careful how high you take that bad boy because if it goes too high then thats not good. How high can our engines safely Rev up to anyone know? I would imagine anytime after the rev limit would probably be a loss in power but i dont know.

Later

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You can send your ecu out to raise the rev limit.... I'm not sure if there is much benefit though if you stay na. I have read that 7500 rpm is still safe with the stock valvetrain. No speed limter on our cars.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Who is it thats reprograms the computers for that? I want do get my stock computer programmend for now (really want a standalone system)cause after a couple more weeks i will be able to handle 8k rpms easily allmotor.~BRett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts