Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2JZGE TTC 280 cams at idle.

Here is a short video of the TTC 280 cams at idle. I just tweaked with the aem settings to get the car driving since the motor was built. I had just got her running Thursday and today was the first time I took her for a drive. Feels good to drive again after the car has been down since late March. I will continue to tune as I have her running around 13.5afr's at idle to help with the lope of the cams. Around 14.7-15.0 afr's it lopes pretty good. As you can hear in the beginning upon start up it goes from mid 14's to mid 13's afr's and the lope changes a bit.
Under hood the goal is for it to look as stock as possible.

Quick rundown of the mods.

1993 Sc300
2jzge std bore
Cp pistons
BC pro rods
clevite bearings
Arp main studs
Arp head studs
Oem TT headgasket
Slight ported head, with stock valves
BC springs and retainers
TTC 280 cams
96lb injectors
Aem ems
Hks dli
Bl stage 2 turbo kit
DBB 76gts .81
3" downpipe to duel 3" out back with magna flow mufflers
Meth injection with 2 pumps and 3 nozzles
Bl Th400 with 4k stall and transbrake
TT auto diff

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7k7zy5b78c

Lawrence

· On call 24/7
2,347 Posts
Sounds nice!! I ordered a set from Eric but 268's :) Can't wait till I pop them bad boys in!! Did you dyno your car before you had the cams installed? I wanted to see the difference in #'s =D

· Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds nice!! I ordered a set from Eric but 268's :) Can't wait till I pop them bad boys in!! Did you dyno your car before you had the cams installed? I wanted to see the difference in #'s =D
I didnt dyno the car before unfortunately. It was running a Bl67 and It Trapped [email protected] That was with a hurt stock GE motor with low compression in 5 out of 6 cyl's. I now have the cams and a DBB 76gts on it now. I am hoping to trap in the 140 range.

· On call 24/7
2,347 Posts
I didnt dyno the car before unfortunately. It was running a Bl67 and It Trapped [email protected] That was with a hurt stock GE motor with low compression in 5 out of 6 cyl's. I now have the cams and a DBB 76gts on it now. I am hoping to trap in the 140 range.
Nice setup man!! Let us know how your new setup goes! These cams are awesome!

· NA/T aficionado
527 Posts
Sounds good Lawrence! BTW, I got the 67mm turbo I bought off you back from getting polished/polished&coated. Everything looks great, thanks again!
You know what your missing from that parts list right? Yeah you know, ditch that intake and get a real plenum on there, FSM style ;)

· FUCK NOW!
2,322 Posts
Good work Lawrence. Glad to see she is working out for you :)

Jonny

· Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds good Lawrence! BTW, I got the 67mm turbo I bought off you back from getting polished/polished&coated. Everything looks great, thanks again!
You know what your missing from that parts list right? Yeah you know, ditch that intake and get a real plenum on there, FSM style ;)
Yeah, Keeping her looking stock for the moment. When I am ready I will definately be getting ahold of you man. glad the turbo is working out for you. We can see before and after results!

Good work Lawrence. Glad to see she is working out for you :)

Jonny
She is doing good man. Just got back from street tuning. I stopped at 19.5psi on pump/meth and she definately pulls allot harder than the old 67 LOL. I think I can get her up to 24psi on pump and meth.

Sounds great! Pics of the engine bay please ;)

I'll try and get some up soon Tres.

Lawrence

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.