Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,070 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6053919&postcount=139

First pic has the GE valve covers. Second pic is the same car but with GTE valve covers. The GE have a slope down the middle section to have clearance for the intake manifold which goes across the motor. The GTE has a front facing intake manifold so it doesn't need that clearance. The setup in the pictures is a 2JZGE engine but with a TT intake manifold, so he was able to use GTE valve covers.

·
1,070 Posts
so on my ge motor I can use gte valve covers and intake ! cool
thank you
Haha, hold on, it's not that simple. This is going over my head now since I don't know much more about it besides the physical differences. There's more to it than just slapping TT parts on. The TT intake manifold does not bolt straight into an NA head, but they do make adapters and also aftermarket NA-T front facing intake manifolds. I'm sure there are other things to do like the electronics and changing the throttle cable. I hope the experts can chime in on this.

·
1,070 Posts
yes it is the fedex pas by my house all the time
It's nice to finally get some more MK4s in the area. I know a couple of MK4 owners in Danbury and New Fairfield but they're all stock and the owners aren't members here. I tried sending you a PM but I guess it's disabled. Let me know if you ever need any help or want to cruise around when the weather gets warmer. My name is Dimitri, I have a black 93 TT.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There's no such thing as an adapter to mate the GTE intake to a GE head. You would have to either buy a GE front facing manifold or modify the GTE Intake to work with the GE lower runners.

As for the valve covers, it's a 100% bolt on to the actual head itself. But you will have to do other things such as intake manifold, as the OEM GE will not work with a GTE cover. There's really no electronic involve.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's nice to finally get some more MK4s in the area. I know a couple of MK4 owners in Danbury and New Fairfield but they're all stock and the owners aren't members here. I tried sending you a PM but I guess it's disabled. Let me know if you ever need any help or want to cruise around when the weather gets warmer. My name is Dimitri, I have a black 93 TT.
Whoa can I come when you guys go for a cruise??? JK how you been Dimitri I might be in Hartford next month. Take care buddy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts