Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I have picked up a 2JZ-GE VVTI and I’m wanting to change internals and all to make it a 2JZ-GTE. I have found some stuff here and there but was wondering if you can get a complete internals kit to change it all over. The engine came out of a 2003 Lexus is300.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is no sense to do so. Easier and more correct in terms of money to buy a 2JZGTE. GE/GTE blocks are the same but the GTE one has oil squirters cooling pistons with oil. Cranks are the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no sense to do so. Easier and more correct in terms of money to buy a 2JZGTE. GE/GTE blocks are the same but the GTE one has oil squirters cooling pistons with oil. Cranks are the same.
The engine was knocking so I got it for a good price. I was going to just rebuild it and make it into a GTE in hopes of saving some money and didn’t know what all I needed to go through to get it there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why is there no sense? Buy aftermarket rods and piston, maybe even used good condition GTE ones.
Build the engine with those parts and there you go, a $2500 fresh and build engine ready to go! For sure beats paying $6.5k for a GTE that will need a refresh anyway......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Labor is free? NA-T will be worse than GTE anyway.
I personally build my engines myself, but having rods and pistons swapped out doesnt cost the world. Why would NA-t be worse? Espically on a build where you change out the pistons,rods,turbo manifold and turbo anyway? Just because of the oil squirters that you don't really need anyway? Right now with the stupid GTE prices NA-t is absolutely the move to make, waaaay more value for your money, especially on a vvti engine. Having a $6.5k budget for an NA VVTI build gets you to a 1000hp capable engine. Having a $6.5k budet for a gte only gets you a tired shady import engine that will still need everything the NA engine needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts