Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any reliable sources to get a good condition gte motor with 6 speed trans? May be in need soon.
Also, for anybody who has done any swaps into an sc300, do I need to order the manual trans stuff such as clutch and brake pedals, and anything else from lexus for an SC or just order the stuff for the supra?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got a phone number or website for them? Ive searched a little but havent seen anything about them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I believe the wiring part is the hardest especially if you go with a JDM motor because with JDM motor the wiring is on the opposite side so you have to extend the whole harness about 3 foot.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are all the connectors different from a usdm motor? I was gonna buy a new 6 speed engine harness for it. Also the new oil pan, us cams, injectors and rail and whatever else needed. Id like to make it as easy as possible, but I guess if I need to do some wiring its just a little time.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Tony
If you are gonna do it, do it right from top to bottom.
Subframes, proper tunnel, to all the wiring changes.
Its pretty in depth to get the SC300 dash and all to work with the
Supra ECU.

I will have some US spec cams, injectors, rail, injector clips, and some other small items here shortly also.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know on the cams and stuff, if I end up doing this I'll prolly pick them up. Ive been doing some research on the swap and havent seen much on subframes and all that, wheres the best site to research more on the swap?

·
Slow Supra Member
1,132 Posts
my boi mike :)
pm me and ill reply with his infor

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that project is not gonna happen now since a semi decided to take out my sc the other day. Im gonna try to work everything out so i can just keep my supra, but if I cant I'll prolly pick up another sc or gs and do the swap. Thanks for the help anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts