Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE AND DIAGRAM BELOW

First off, i've recieved Several emails from people in regards to this in the past few days. Let me start off with saying, i want to help. However, since i'm not currently up and running as of 8/13/2005 i can't give you everything if it turns out that i'm missing something. Also, some may questions the reasoning behind my logic of some of the parts that i installed. Also, this is a standalnoe unit that can be used for MANY vehicles with just the change of software in the EMS. So you don't have to run a 2JZ 30-1100. You SHOULD!, not proven!, be able to run Any AEM EMS and be able to get it to work properly.

So, with that note let's begin.

Parts List
Map Sensor: I suggest the AEM map sensor. It will screw directly into the manifold and it's easy to wire in from there. I have an AEM Calibration for the 2JZ map ONLY! no other map. But that can be easliy changed in Your EMS.

ECU Plugs:
You will need to aquire some ECU plugs for the AEM EMS. You can aquire a fields harness, like the one pictured
from Richard Welch at [email protected]. Tell him that you need the 1JZ-GTE ECU male connectors, your preference on the length of wire you need, and the 2JZ ECU female connectors NOT WIRED TOGETHER! The cost will be around $300. So, heads up for that. I'm sure if there are enough ppl that he would do a Group Buy.

Also, you SHOULD! be able to get another cars EMS, say Integra, and find some Integra ECU connectors and then just run the 2JZ EMS Calibrations. AEM EMS Tech guys, if this sounds wrong PLEASE!!!! let me know.

Injector Resistor Pack:
This item is neccessary if you're running the MKIV 550cc injectors or any other Low Impedence injectors. If you're running HIGH Impedence injectors then all you will need to do is change the settings in the AEM EMS to equate for the Impedence difference.

I personlly am running the MKIV injector resistor pack. I'll tell you a little more of the reason why a little more in the post. :)

Wiring
General:
The 1JZ and 2JZ are VERY similar in almost everything. This makes wiring a breeze and easy enough that if you can wire in a 1JZ you can wire this in. :D

There are a few discrepancies though. I'm working on modifying an Excel doc that an AEM board member used for the 7M. But i need to change it for the 2JZ. For right now, you can go off of

1JZ-GTE ECU Pinout:

2JZ-GTE ECU Pinout:

Also here are some of the Wiring diagrams for the MKIV http://www.mkiv.com/manual/1995_electrical_manual/index.html

Injectors:
I SUGGEST! that IF! you get the MKIV resistor pack then you wire your injectors in seperately from everything else. All you need to do is to still find the B-O wire that you used for the MKIII resistor pack and wire in the MKIV B+ to that. Then seperately wire in the injectors using the AEM for the Signal and the Reisstor pack as the Power. Otherwise if you're running High Impedence injectors then you will still need to wire in the Signal side of the injectors to the AEM and then change the resistance. I THINK!!! that you can change the AEM EMS so that you can run off of Batch Firing like the 7M and the 1JZ. The 2JZ however is programed for Sequential Injection.

Fuel Pump:
This is the tricky part. The MKIV uses a Fuel ECU that does the same function as the 7M Fuel Pump Control Relay. I suggest on doing the 12V Mod that you can find that SEVERAL members have done and run 12V all the time. If you do not do this, you need to find your own way around gettign fuel to your engine. :D lol

Final Thoughts
This is really QUITE easy to do. If i were more skilled in the art of the standalone dept. i'm sure that i would be able to change a TON of this stuff for you guys on the AEM EMS and it would be so easy. But for now the wiring is simple and the running well part is going to be a little hard to get nailed down perfect.

Good luck and let me know if you need more info. As for now, that's about all i got. :)

HTH,

Bryan

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
cool a little info on it.. thanks.. hopfully gonna get my aem in a month or so..

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay guys, i'm going to try and talk to Richard to see if he would be willing to make up the entire harness when i give him my diagram. I first need my car running, HOPEFULLY this week, and then i will copy down what i have and send it to him and ask him if he will start making 1JZ/2JZ fields harnesses for you guys.

Bryan

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
If he makes one I'll be first on the list :)

edit: I am pulling out my harness to redo some wires, going to wire it up for sequential injection, so, dunno how that will work with a jumper harness like that.. I think i'll just order the plugs and do it my self. Just use some unused pins on the 1jz connector for the extra 3 wires.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
ill wait till your up and running perfect, if you can get some good tuning out of it with no hitches, and he will make the harness, youd be the man...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tissimo said:
If he makes one I'll be first on the list :)

edit: I am pulling out my harness to redo some wires, going to wire it up for sequential injection, so, dunno how that will work with a jumper harness like that.. I think i'll just order the plugs and do it my self. Just use some unused pins on the 1jz connector for the extra 3 wires.

Here's What I Did:

When i had the harness out of the car i took the main platic piece apart. That way i had access to all of the injector wiring. From there i took all of the black injector wires and made it into a single wire and wired that single wire into the MKIV resistor pack. Then i ran seperate wires from the MKIV resistor pack to each injector. Then i wired in completely new wiring for the signal side of the injectors to the AEM. It doesn't matter which side of the injectors you use for signal or power. Just make sure that you make them all the same. I.E. Black/Power on the right or the injectors. :D

HTH,

Bryan

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I'm just curious, why would you not use a univeral AEM. Did you get a deal on the 2J one or something?

It seems like it would be equally difficult to wire in.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I didn't think the universal one was out yet? if it is might just order that. Either way wiring is involved.

yea My car is setup for the 7m resistor pack right now. Just have to run each wire from the injector to the plug rather then grouping them. Shouldn't be a big deal

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SlimFastSupra said:
I'm just curious, why would you not use a univeral AEM. Did you get a deal on the 2J one or something?

It seems like it would be equally difficult to wire in.
Yeah, i got a FANTASTIC deal on my AEM. I knew that i could easily make up the money selling my old Blitz that a member here has, my SBC-iDIII and Power Meter, along with the SAFCII. Those alone covered more then what i paid for the AEM and the AEM out performs all of those put together.

You can find an AEM EMS for aounrd $1K or less if you look. Then all you really need is the ECU connectors. I chose to go 2JZ b/c i got a great deal on mine. I'm going to try and start her again tonight. Everything is wired in and i just need to run through the AEM stuff another time and then i'll be turning the key.

Bryan

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
nice writeup :D i already have a fields harness so now all i need is the mk iv plugs i guess???

but i wanna run the 1jz stock way with the injectors and all

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, well i THINK i'm done! With this step anyway. Everything in relation to the 2JZ AEM EMS is up and running. It needs to be tuned BAD but i can get the car to idle at around 1100 rpms and it sounds mean as hell with the custom exhaust.

These are Excel docs. They are in Landscape format b/c of spacing issues. So, reading them off of a JPG will not be all that fun. If someone wants to post these up on their website please feel free. Just remember who made these ;)

Speaking of which, these are acompilation from AEM, Turbosupras, and MKIV.com.

I've taken the format from AEM, the JZA70 ecu pic from turbosupras, and the 2JZ ecu pic from MKIV.com. I could not have done it without those people. Thank you so much for your time and help putting those together.

So, without further adieu.... here we are.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
How did you get around the 2JZ ems looking for a MAF signal for load reference?

- Hams

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
hes talking about the AEM ems.. no need for the stock maf... set it up for speed density..

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I know what he's talking about, but the 2JZ EMS will be looking for the MAF signal to input. To delete it, normally MKIV owners must buy the MAF delete kit to plug into the EMS. I was just wondering how he worked around this.

- Hams.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Interesting.. i think for the map sensor you use the existing stock map sensor pins, but for the IAT you wire it in to the maf sensor plug. I dont think it needs and input or anything on the maf sensor pins, so I dont think anything is needed for it? I thought the maf eliminator kit was just a piping/filter kit.

bryan do you have a dli or cdi? interested on how it will work without one..

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
I know what he's talking about, but the 2JZ EMS will be looking for the MAF signal to input. To delete it, normally MKIV owners must buy the MAF delete kit to plug into the EMS. I was just wondering how he worked around this.

- Hams.
you simply wire up the MAP + IAT to the proper lines on the ECU and make the proper changes in the EMS software.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
drjonez said:
you simply wire up the MAP + IAT to the proper lines on the ECU and make the proper changes in the EMS software.

Thanks Dr. J. I figured this was the case, but I just wanted to be sure.

- Hams.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts