Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building up a 2jzgte for drag racing to replace the current 4 cylinder in my truck(don't laugh, its run a best of 11.3 @ 123mph with the 4 cylinder, see link in my sig) I have aquired a 2jzgte and had a question. So far I have the following parts-
2 stock 2jzgte's(and they will remain stock internally, ones a spare!)
2 speed powerglide
5000rpm stall
SDS stand alone fuel and ignition management
MSD DIS 4
850cc injectors
Turbonetics t72 .81 AR P-Trim wheel
I plan to get HKS 272 cams(have not gotten these yet)
Also, still have not decided on the head gasket situation-
What do those of you putting down 700+rwhp use? I want it to remain stock compression so I need a gasket similar in thickness to factory...also its a forgone conclusion I will getting some ARP head studs...
Thanks for the Info!
Dave Gysland
Super T Motorsports

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
I think everyone at those powerlevels sticks with the stock head gasket from what I have read. PHR makes a unit as do some other one off manufacturers, but I really haven't seen many used. Maybe you should email Ara, Vinny, Paisley and others that are drag ONLY. Hope that helped!

Adam

J

·
0 Posts
what kind of boost are you going to be running. with a t72/ .81 ar
and 272 cams i'd think you'd be putting down quite a bit more than 700rwhp. depnds on boost levels though i guess. don't quote me on this, but i think you can get the hks head gaskets in a few different sizes, maybe even custom order a size to fit your needs. i had the head off my supra so i decided to put the 1.6 mm hks head gasket on just to be safe.

J

·
0 Posts
ah come on, 35 psi sounds even better:) j/k even at 30 spi your truck should haul some serous arse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts