Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have searched thrue all threads including lexus about this and haven't found an answer.

Car: 02 Lexus is300 2jzgte aristo
Single turbo 6262.

I recently got a apexi neo and also
Bigger injectors to help with the fueling.
Has an in tank walbro 255

When I installed 650cc sidefeed drop in injectors the very first time it fired right up and actually idled decently.

When I went to try to start it again it won't catch. Just cranks with no luck of turning over. I pulled the plugs sure enough they were flooded. Cleaned it got it started barely after a million tries with my pick up truck connected for more crank power.

Also I installed ngk one step colder plugs.

Is there a way I can fix this issue with out going standalone? I mean I know the problem is it basically floods when cold thinking I still have my stock 440cc in there. Did anyone ever have this kind of an issue? I know the NEO isn't the best for tuning but I don't have the funds for a standalone. Any help? thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Think about it, If your ECU is fueling thinking it has smaller factory injectors and you dropped bigger injectors in, it’s throwing out a ton more fuel per pulse than normal.

You have to control those larger injectors with a correct map. I don’t think a NEO provides you the granularity of control that you need.

Straight up, you can screw some things up if you’re not careful. Hydro-lock for one, cylinder wash is another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup makes perfect sense,
But people have ran an afc with no issues like mine. Even with bigger injectors then the 650cc.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I am in process of going single and addling bigger injectors. Was advised a simple map ecu 1 or 2 piggy back is a great option if you don't want to go stand alone. Your issue does make sense based on bc2jz's logic.

·
From the land down under
4,098 Posts
The 650cc injectors are almost 50% bigger than the 440cc items, so you are asking too much of an SAFC.

If you had 550's, it would run rich, but after a while the factory ecu would trim it to a somewhat better level, but it will never be acceptable.

As aj mentioned above...a map ecu would be a better option if you dont want to move to a stand alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts