Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LIVING the DREAM
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2jzgte and the 6 speed shipped to me this winter from japan. mow my question is: can i take the vvti head off this block and just put on the non vvti 2jz head??
i have everything to make 1200hp and dont want to deal with the vvti. plus i ordered all the parts for a reg. 2jz head! lol
thanks much

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
yes it will fit, it should without modification but then again with any kind of project like this where parts do not come from the factory together, modification is sometimes required. however i believe the easier way to do it would be to just delete the vvti stuff if you are upgrading the cams, i believe the vvti heads flow slightly better.

·
LIVING the DREAM
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you much. but i bought the cams and cam gears for the non vvti head. and as far as i can see and know... i dont think they fit in that head??

SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
yes it will fit, it should without modification but then again with any kind of project like this where parts do not come from the factory together, modification is sometimes required. however i believe the easier way to do it would be to just delete the vvti stuff if you are upgrading the cams, i believe the vvti heads flow slightly better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts