Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I replaced the ct12 turbos (blown seals) with ct20a turbos on my MK4. All oil from blown seals is cleared out and she fires up, starts but tps sensor needs adjusting after being replaced aswell as sub tps. Currently has TTC mod and 12v fuel mod.
The issue I’m having is she won’t rev past 3-4K revs smoothly and she stutters hardcore under acceleration along with boost. Fuel pump is new and working along with stock injectors. Checked for vacuum leaks and have found none so an stumped at what the issue could be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone’s interested In watching a video of what it’s doing I do have one but can’t figure out how to post it on here.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,875 Posts
What spark plugs are you using, and what is the gap?

·
97 HARD TOP
1,038 Posts
First thought is you messed with your tps sensor. Need to recalibrate it. Second thought would be either spark plugs or adjusting your fpr since you went with a different setup causing a different power band. More then likely its just your tps. I know it happened to mine before like that. Luckily i have aem v2 and its just a few clicks of a button and it gets dialed in

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
check you timing belt, also vacuum lines behind and under the intake manifold, make sure all your ground points are all clean and tight....

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
Check coil packs for cracks.....coil pack clips also

·
Smith & Wesson Member
664 Posts
Also, check the coil pack clip wires. Due to age and heat, the wire installation is brittle and possibly bare. I've seen several cars that had issues due to this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check plugs first then move to coils. How old are your coils, check for cracks with a magnifying glass. Chances are if they are original they are probably shorting out. Go with the Yaris coils and pick up the bracket online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts