Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stepping up to a multi-disc on my 2JZ/R154 swapped MK3 and having fits deciding which to go with. Needs to handle in the 650 torque range. I've been looking into the OS Giken twins and triple.....but they make so many different series (in the twin disc anyways...TR, TS, R, STR, etc) and I can't decide which to go with. Also open to recommendations for other brands of multi-disc setups (I see that Spec, Carbonetics, and few others make them too)

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I am running the OS Giken twin plate on my 1jz car, I just recently rebuilt it with all new disc's from Greenline racing in Japan. I am making 570 TQ max and the clutch has slipped on me while drag racing. If you are drag racing I would reccommed the tripple as the twin is only rated to around 600 ft lbs. The different designations are either for sprung hub disc's (which are reccommended for street driving) and for the clutch cover material, they make a steel and aluminium cover ( pressure plate). I am really happy with my OSG (sprung hubs) and I know I am near the max for TQ rating and they are also not recommended for drag racing.

I personally know of two people that have run the Spec twin disk and were not happy with it, both of them pulled it out and replaced it with something else in less than a month of driving with it. Tilton makes a sweet tripple plate clutch, and the pedal effort is like stock, but these are pricey...if you have to ask how much, dont bother... I believe they are in the $5000+ range. ORC and HKS also make multiplates, but I dont have any personal experience with them.

I also recommend greenlineracing.com thier service and pricing was great, and I saw the parts in about a week. They carry most of the Japaneese brands of clutches.

Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts