Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going folks... I'm posting this cuz recently I aquired a T72 Ball Bearing Turbo for my 2JZGTE. Now I would like to convert my stock twin turbo set up, to a single turbo set up. I was wondering if anyone has done this set up recently. I know that it was done before many times, but cant seem to find any detailed information on how it was made, what was needed, and what results were achieved by the set up...

I would like to know what was needed as far as the Turbo manifold is concerned... And what size FMIC is most desirable.. and what specially fabricated parts are need to make this work :gaysex:

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Wait all you have is the turbo correct? What brand?

maybe I'm just reading wrong but it almosts sounds like you have just the turbo and you want to somehow make this new single turbo bolt up to the existing stock twin setup. Which would be impossible. I'm guessing I'm misunderstand you or something.

Right off the bat I'll tell you that the greddy 4-row is considered the most desirable.

· Banned
666 Posts
Zmegatron said:
Hows it going folks... I'm posting this cuz recently I aquired a T72 Ball Bearing Turbo for my 2JZGTE. Now I would like to convert my stock twin turbo set up, to a single turbo set up. I was wondering if anyone has done this set up recently. I know that it was done before many times, but cant seem to find any detailed information on how it was made, what was needed, and what results were achieved by the set up...

I would like to know what was needed as far as the Turbo manifold is concerned... And what size FMIC is most desirable.. and what specially fabricated parts are need to make this work :gaysex:
If you just have the turbo and want to go from stock twins:

The major components are exhaust manifold, wastegate, FMIC, and fuel system (for that size turbo). You also usually need a MAF controller such as MAP ECU although you can use the stock MAF but most usually don't.

You also need a laundry list of other parts, such as oil lines, brackets, down pipe, mid-pipe, dump tube, intercooler piping, boost controller, wideband. Not to mention all the components that go into the fuel system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.