Supra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Moved to the dark side
990 Posts
I got experiences with the 7M, the 1JZ and the 2JZ. Currently I'm building the 2JZ into the MA7. For your story I would definately go for the 2JZ. Only because there are way more parts available for this powerplant and it's robust. The 7M suffers from headgasket problems and you need at least an HKS headgasket, new headbolts and an upgraded fuel system to make decent hp's. Don't forget the upgraded turbo. I've run a 7M with 6x550cc and 57mm trim turbo going roundabout 400 hp. The 1JZ is a good engine as well, although upgrades are not easy to get. I've heard the stock twins from the 2JZ are considered an upgrade but I've never seen an 1JZ with the turbos of the mkIV. The engine does like high revving because of it's rather small stroke. The 2JZ, well, I don't have to tell anyone about this. With easy mods already up to 400 hp. If you get a jap spec block, make sure to upgrade to export intake cam, export turbos and export fuel injectors. For the complete wiring you can check out my site at http://www.supras.nl I've got the complete wiring of the export and japan spec 2JZ online.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.