Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been debated many times. But I noticed that it was always about turboing a N/A engine. If I bought a 98 N/A for my brother, could i just drop in a 2jzgte engine and transmission into it ??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that other things are needed, but the most expensive things are included. My brother got the car for 8 k from a dealer auction. I found a 2jzgte with trans. ecu, manifold, wiring harness for 3500 wit less than 40 k miles on it. Now, i don't think that it would be more then 3 - 4 k for the install, therefore a lot cheaper then current TT's, true or not ?

·
Registered
458 Posts
seems like you have most of what you need at a good deal... there will be a few little things that will crop up because there are other differences but you have the basics for the swap. I believe you'll need a driveshaft as well BTW... And for any performance mods you may want to upgrade the fuel pump. The brakes aren't as nice but easier to do drag tires on the NA rear.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Is the N/A an auto or a manual? If it is an auto, I think that you need to change the transmission tunnel. Not really sure, but you better check up on that. If you really want a TT, then no one can stop you. Take your time and you'll be happy.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanx for the replies, the car is a 5 speed, so i think i should be alright. Also, does anyone know where i could get a drive shaft ? any ideas on how much they go for. thanx for all the replies,

·
Registered
23 Posts
$8K for that car is a bargain.

if you are serious about doing the conversion....

I was quoted $600-$800 for the install labor from a NA -> TT

I was planning the same swap, but I have some more complications than I was expecting. My car is a GS300. If you need parts, I have EVERYTHING you will need for the swap.

-complete low mileage motor with harness and ecu with auto tranny
-TT auto third member (differential)
-TT axles
-can also obtain a 6 spd tranny if you wish
-modification parts, etc...

All are ready to be shipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts